PDA

View Full Version : Something new every day...

ramsrc
30th Oct 2002, 06:51
Just wanted to say thanks to the crew of UK2296 last night from STN to FRA. It is the little things that make all the difference. Having been delayed due to a cancelled flight (See here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71173)) my wife and I eventually made it back to Frankfurt after a further delay due to technical problems.

First of all upon its return from Paris the aircraft had a flat tyre requiring replacement. Then to add insult to injury, once everyone was on board the aircraft a bizarre form of "ramp rash" occurred. Apparantly, one of the baggage handlers threw a pen to another, who failed to catch it and said pen disappeared into the number two engine. There was a further delay while the Engineer returned to fish the pen out.

By this time those booked on the earlier flight were over three hours late but following the PA announcement made by the captain (which improved the atmosphere 100%) and the friendliness of the cabin crew, the delay didn't seem so much of a problem anymore.

The future definitely is yellow... Thanks again.

Herod
30th Oct 2002, 15:22
Thanks ramsrc. I wasn't involved, but it's good to see that my colleagues are providing passenger satisfaction.