PDA

View Full Version : East Lowlands University Air Squdron

EGDR
17th Mar 2001, 01:11
Fellow PPruner's

Are there any old members from ELUAS around ? Particulary from 1992/3/4 entries ? Anybody flying in the airlines or any other interesting flying job ?

What are u guys & gals all upto now???

Mr B. Tupp
17th Mar 2001, 05:58
I was not in ELUAS but I was in UGSAS (94 entry) now FO on Do 328 Turbo prop!

EGDR
17th Mar 2001, 06:36
Cool

How did you go about getting your license, job etc....

P.S. Did you know stimpy

Mr B. Tupp
18th Mar 2001, 21:12
I graduated and had appliedto BA in what was the the end of the resesstion, with no joy. Started my PPL and then whent on to a long self improver route which saw me as a flying instructor teaching RAF FS and PPL's. Then did IR and MCC and waited for a job, now have just over 1000 hrs having started on the dornier last month.
Don't remember the name stimpy, has been a long time though, what was his full name ?

Gee Bert
19th Mar 2001, 00:57
I knew a stimpy on ADSTAUAS, also 94 entry. At least that's what I called him. He recently took a whipper from a Hawk, but bounced to a safe landing.

Anyone know what Stu or Jude of ADSTAUAS might be up to?

Woz
19th Mar 2001, 05:00
I know an ex-ADStA guy who left a Hawk in unpleasant circumstances not so long ago, but didn't realise he was called Stimpy; unless we're thinking of different people?

I also know of an ex-ADStA Jude who recently popped up at Leuchars as an F/L medic, is that who you're thinking of?

I'm a current ADStAUAS member, in my final year now (97 entry) so I might have faint memories of the 93-94 entry guys.

EGDR
19th Mar 2001, 08:43
Is there anybody out there from ELUAS or does everybody give up the ghost when they leave ???????????

Vortex1
19th Mar 2001, 16:58
I was in ELUAS from 1994-1996. Didn't go into the air force but became a flying instructor back in Edinburgh, and am due to start on the Dash 8 in April. I did keep in touch with a few people but lost touch recently.

EGDR
19th Mar 2001, 21:01
Vortex

Did you join in the same entry as Frenchie and Rimmer, if so do you mind if I ask your first name .

Vortex1
20th Mar 2001, 02:51
EGDR

No I went in the following year, I think both Frenchie and Rimmer went into the air force in about 1997.

I was in the same year as V & Helen, I am sure you will recall them if you were around then. Who's year were you in? -

EGDR
20th Mar 2001, 03:50
I joined in Jan 1993 with - Paula W., Becci McB, Noodles & Fraz.

I didn't realise Frenchie actually joined the crabs, I did a summer attachment with him in Kinloss which was interesting. I bumped into Rimmer when he was passing through Culdrose last year.