PDA

View Full Version : 737 Or Nothing! Is this realistic?

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
16th Mar 2001, 23:05
Apologies for much asked question I'm sure (second posting TYRO) but do I have to "do my time" in turbines or are there jobs for 2000hr ATPL's in 737's

Denti
16th Mar 2001, 23:13
I don't know at which market are you looking, but in germany you can get a job as FO in a 737 cockpit with about 200 hours experience. The chances are low though, because there will be about 800 new pilots this year and there are only about 350 jobs or so (including turboprops of course).

Denti

HomerSimpson
17th Mar 2001, 16:52
I take it if you have a JAR licence, regardless of the issue state, these jobs are available to all from the European union? Or am I being a bit optomistic! I guess you can detect the humour and scarcasm too. Lots of jobs in UK, everyone applies and gets in. Jobs in Europe, everyone applies, own nationals get in. Protectionist measures again!?!?!

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Willie Eckerslike
20th Mar 2001, 13:13
Try bmi British Midland

they are always recruiting for the 737 & A320

Denti
20th Mar 2001, 14:29
Hi Homer,

in germany everyone with a german ATPL can get a job, we don't have JAR-FCL yet. Lufthansa hired a couple of dutch guys recently, nevertheless in that company is fluent german required. At Crossair work a lot of pilots from all over europe and in my company work some american and english pilots as well. I don't know if that's protectionism.

Perhaps it has something to do with the learning of foreign languages at school. We all had to learn english here (yeah, i know, my english is not too good), but i doubt that in the UK you have to learn german, dutch, swedish or italian :-)

Denti

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
20th Mar 2001, 22:13
Thanks for the replies.

Hmm food for thought indeed.

Hey do I get another posting for this inocuous reply??

Any thoughts on my next question about MCC (see new topic)