PDA

View Full Version : Intensive PPL in the UK??

Blindside
16th Mar 2001, 22:45
I know that it is possible to attend an intensive 3 week PPL course in the States, but are there similar deals available in the UK?

Ideally it would be in the North West but travelling is a possibility.

Wouldn't this also work out cheaper when compared to a normal PPL in the UK??

cheers

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
16th Mar 2001, 22:57
I'm sure most flying clubs will be more than willing to accommodate your schedule. The quickest I have done one is 5 weeks, all in, with v good student, flying 1-2 hours days.

It will be cheaper in respect of the fact you'll be more likely to do 45 hours instead of 55 (average).

Happy hunting

Pielander
16th Mar 2001, 23:07
Hi Blindside.

I can recommend Welshpool (01938 555062). They do a full JAR course for somewhere around £4000 (Last year's prices). RT course is £100 all in. The quality of teaching is excellent, and you get the impression that they really want you to get through. It's not exactly a "fair weather" flying school, but they are fairly flexible if you run over your official course end date (which you will!!). Additional lessons were charged at a reasonable £73 per hour last year. (I don't own/work for Pool Aviation, honest! I'm just a satisfied customer.)

If you decide to spend a vast tract of your summer there, then I might bump into you while trying to get my 12 hours in!

Hope this helps :-)

Pie

Fast Jet Wannabe
16th Mar 2001, 23:17
Blindside,

E-mail me, I know of somewhere which sounds like it is ideally suited to you, and I can personally assure you they are excellent.

I don't work for them, I am another satisfied customer. These guys are incredibly priced, extremely professional, and fly the PA-28!

They only do intensive courses, they are not a coffee club!

FJW.

Blindside
17th Mar 2001, 13:23
Cheers for the thoughts.

Any more??

FJW - did you get the mail??

Fast Jet Wannabe
18th Mar 2001, 16:20
Blindside,

Just replied, sorry for the dealy.

FJW.

SpeedBird22
18th Mar 2001, 22:25
Just pick your days very very carefully - preferably during the summer months. I've just had about three weeks worth of intensive flying cancelled due crap Wx and i'm very, very annoyed :)

SpeedBird22

PFO
19th Mar 2001, 15:30
Hi Blindside,

I can heartily recommend C&S Aviation at Halfpenny Green (sorry, Wolverhampton Business Airport).

Excellent instruction, v. good aircraft and a very nice airfield.

Call them on 01384 221335.

I did my PPL there last summer and, even in summer, was held up by bad wx.

It took me 6 weeks but I had a great time there, even on the bad-wx days.

PFO