PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Interlude...!

BLUE SKY THINKER
29th Oct 2002, 18:26
Accessing a website recently, I was somewhat bemused to be confronted by several dozen small red hearts spilling from the top of the page and randomly bouncing around all over the place, until viewing complete. Whilst unfortunately having mislaid this URL there is a similar example on this link (http://www.smileyland.com/smilies/), involving smilies and hearts, although not as good.

Whilst au fait with downloading 'standard' animations for use in cheering up e-mails, etc., these seem to be a different ball game. Can anyone advise a source for this particular type of animation and how to download and use them (not having much luck with the standard method on the above link).

Thanks in anticipation...

BOAC
29th Oct 2002, 19:09
A pleasure! (http://javascript.internet.com/bgeffects/floating-hearts.html)

BLUE SKY THINKER
22nd May 2003, 22:12
Excuse my return to this rather ancient thread.....

.....but could I make a second attempt at getting an answer to the last part of my original question?

Quite simply, .....can I use these JavaScripts to create effects in e-mails, or are they solely suitable only for websites? If the answer is "yes" to e-mails, how do I go about it beyond the initial copying of the script; my preference being to have the animation within the actual e-mail, not an attachment. (using AOL for mail, not Outlook Express).

Thanks again (hopefully) in anticipation.....

BOAC
22nd May 2003, 22:33
What a die-hard romantic you must be!

Best wait 'till an expert passes here, but I think it is really only useable on web sites. Very few people would want ANYTHING to run on an email!!

Evo
22nd May 2003, 23:10
Very few people would want ANYTHING to run on an email!!

Oh yes. That would be a VERY bad idea :)

IIRC, some past flavour of MS Outlook (not Outlook Express, btw) would autoexecute javascript, until several e-mail nasties came along and Microsoft realized that it was a bit of a silly idea. There are enough people who still click on "not_a_trojan_honest.gif.exe" when it arrives in an e-mail from a complete stranger. Having whatever they decide to send you autoexecute would be far worse.