View Full Version : MCC....Do you 'get what you pay for'?

juswonnafly
2nd May 2001, 16:07
OK I have come to the conclusion that it would help my case if I had MCC.

The price between the various suppliers varies by nearly £1000

No Names, no pack drill........but will cheaper really mean CHEAP ! or will more money spent on a 'real' simulator mean they 'saw me coming'?

I know this subject has been done to death but any relevant comments based on recent experience would be much appreciated

Thanks guys

JWF http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Iz
2nd May 2001, 16:33
What airlines exactly require you to have a JAA MCC certificate before you apply?

Vmike
2nd May 2001, 19:28
Yes, you get what you pay for - and that is an MCC certificate. How much you pay for it is up to you.

juswonnafly
2nd May 2001, 20:00
Not really the answers I was looking for

JWF :rolleyes:

G-LOST
2nd May 2001, 21:59
I went to one of the cheaper suppliers, who incidentally are located in sunny Yorkshire, and I believe I learnt a great deal from the course. Quality of instruction didn't suffer even though it was a competitive price. I think that if you only want the certificate, then 'cheaper' is obviously better, but if you actually want to learn something then cheap may still be better if you pick the right school.

whats the vector victor
3rd May 2001, 01:32
I was at Multiflight too last month.Good price and really good instruction,done on a King Air.My own view is if you pay big bucks and do it on something too complex I guess you can get bogged down with the high speed and button pressing etc and miss the point of the course entirely.The king Air is fine especially if you only have basic multi time as I did.