View Full Version : Alpha Jet Performance

Noctivaga
29th Oct 2002, 13:31
Hello One and All,
A group of ex-mil fast jet pilots are looking to start up a venture which would involve flying the AJet. We've got the Engineering Orders and most of the performance down, but are having real difficulty finding fuel-flow figures for towing Air/Air, and Ground/Air gunnery targets. That info may be unavailable for now due to security but then again, perhaps it is just due to my not looking in the right place. If the info is classified, that would at least tell me why I can't find it. On the other hand, if the info is not classified, any help from such a wide and informed body of knowledge would be extremely appreciated.
For ease of correspondance, please e-mail me any response instead of using this site.
Thanks very much, keep the blue side up.
Noctivaga

Jackonicko
29th Oct 2002, 16:32
It may be that no-one has done it. The box-heads went straight from using Condor's Ginas to using FSI's F-100s (and now A-4s) as I recall, and I'm not certain that the French or the Portugese have used their Alphas for target towing.

BEagle
29th Oct 2002, 17:56
Surely the title of this thread is an oxymoron.........??

Chris Kebab
30th Oct 2002, 19:31
OOh I think not BEagle. I was down at Boscombe about a month ago, the boys enjoy them - you should see them doing circuits. Very impressive. Started angling - will let you know!

Mind you - not so sure how they would cope with a banner...