PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaeneous Industrial Relations Questions

Keg
29th Oct 2002, 12:10
G'day All,
Just have a few questions about various issues that I need some help with. If possible, would also love some references if you have them.

Here goes:

1. What year was the AFAP/AIPA split. Anyone got any corro on what or why it happened? Any insights. (Not picking sides here, just want to gain some historical knowledge!)

2. Did the AFAP represent Compass pilots? If not, did they have their own representation? What was their pay scales like in comparison to the then AN and TN crews (who were on post '89 rates)

3. What year did the Government deregulate the aviation industry? I know the Compass I was around in '91 but can't remember whether it was '90 or '91 that the government made the decision. Again, any corro or references as to their reasons, rulings etc would be appreciated.

4. Want to know a bit more about EBAs and 'protected' industrial action as implemented by the Howard government.

5. What year did the AN Pilots Association form in the aftermath of '89?

6. Did TN pilots have any representation prior to coming on board with AIPA in the wake of the merger?

7. Critical dates for the pilots dispute and any references to adverse reaction from the public against the pilots.

Again, if someone has a ball park reference I'll go looking myself but not sure where to start. I am hitting the library tomorrow for Sky Pirates and am sure that that will be able to clear up some of the questions but any other insights would be appreciated.

Thanks guys and girls.

Keg
29th Oct 2002, 13:32
Just thought of another one now too. I think it was the Howard government that prohibited secondary boycotts- IE, TWU members in Ansett going out on strike in support of TWU members in Qantas going for a pay rise and vice versa. After a reference and when that was (and indeed, if I have the basic information correct!)

Regards,

TheNightOwl
29th Oct 2002, 23:44
Keg: Read your private mail.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl. ;)