PDA

View Full Version : How do you delete username/profile?

FLX TOGA
29th Oct 2002, 12:19
Any ideas???

tony draper
29th Oct 2002, 12:23
Call flappy a rude name. :rolleyes:

btmtdi
29th Oct 2002, 12:32
If you go to
"user cp" at the top of the page you can get options to alter password and profile contents.

If you want to change or delete a username you will have to contact admin - e-mail them at the 'contact us' option on the left hand menu.

AngleAndAttack
29th Oct 2002, 14:54
I can see you only have 1 post .
What `s the problem?

You can just delete everything BUT your username in the CP, and then forget about it.
If you want another username I think you are free to have more than 1.

A&A

:)

Select Zone Five
29th Oct 2002, 15:06
I think deleting a username would cause problems. For instance, if someone calls up a thread which you previously posted to, only to find the server can't find your username.

Used to get into all sorts of trouble at work by deleting static data! :p

I'm sure the webmasters have a purge every now and then anyway!

rob_frost
29th Oct 2002, 22:33
Maybe FLX TOGA isn't his real username, just one to ask the question. But why would you want to delete a username????:confused:

fobotcso
29th Oct 2002, 22:54
Check through the list of members and see how many of them have no posts at all. Many are abortive attempts to establish the user name the member was aiming at.

55K+ members is unrealistic. Some day the HQ Staff will delete those members of over two year's membership (say) and no posts and get the total back to something realistic.

But, I suppose it does impress the Sponsors more to have lots of members...

FlyingForFun
30th Oct 2002, 10:39
There are lots of reasons why some of the users have no posts - Danny has posted on this subject before, but I can't find it now. The most common one is to get access to a private forum. But you also need to be a member to send private messages. And the requirement to be a member in order to log on to chat seems to come and go. As well as a genuine c0ck-up when registering.

Didn't Danny say something about the new software being able to check a member's activity, and delete any members who hadn't logged on for 6 months???

But I can't really see any reason why anyone would want a user to be deleted - just ignore it, and create another id if you want.

FFF
----------------