PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever....

Parapunter
28th Oct 2002, 14:28
MUSICIAN.

Sitting around here at Punter towers, we've just been discursing on those charlatans who've made it in the music biz, without the merest whiff, hint or shred of talent to bolster their reputations.

My personal candidates (slander thread notwithstanding) are Nicky Wire, possibly the most talent free Bass player I've ever endured & the less comabative gallagher brother who "writes" the music for Oasis...and I shall be pleased to supply a comprehensive reference list of every ripped off, stolen & otherwise pillaged melody, solo or riff line that he has ever plundered in the pursuit of musical stardom.

Now, we're forever having who's the best on here, so who's the worst?

The views represented in this communication are not necessarily those of the Pprune management, their agents, children or pets...:eek: :eek: :eek:

DROGNA
28th Oct 2002, 16:41
Any of the Pop Idols/Stars/Rivals stable fall into this catagourie, they all deserve to be IMHO - too much real talent out there to be wasting time with these wannabes.

I've always thought the guitar solo from "Really Got Me" by the Kinks was bloody awful, was it Dave Davies who played that?? Hmm.

Any more?

:confused:

djk
28th Oct 2002, 16:48
Drogna,

You should hear the guitar solo from "Some candy Talking" by The Jesus & Mary Chain.

It basically sounds like severe feedback from a malfunctioning hearing aid :D

skygazer
29th Oct 2002, 09:21
Whilst we're on the subject of the Manics:

New single: Grace of God (or something similar). Guitar break sounded familiar to me. Played the Saw Doctors 'Wake Up Sleeping' - discovered where I had heard it before. Don't mind groups being influenced by others but nicking parts of the music wholesale is a bit much.

Select Zone Five
29th Oct 2002, 12:55
Whoever composed and performed the theme tune for 'Coronation Street'. It's highly offensive to the ear drums...
d i s g u s t i n g !

I don't watch the programme for similar reasons but it must be time for a new one by now? It's been on for a thousand years! :mad: