PDA

View Full Version : Accra

ifzulu001
28th Oct 2002, 14:13
Hi all,
Can anyone help me with contacts in Accra (companies, pilots, ...)
Just arrived and no clue which doors to knock on. Oh yes, it's about finding a job in the area, as a pilot that is.

Thanks in advance

ifzulu001
29th Oct 2002, 14:13
Nobody in Accra? Strange!

lostcomm
29th Oct 2002, 23:24
Doesn`t look to good in Ghana , does it?

Ghana Airways wit a lot of problems, there is a private company called CTK on the airport but I don`t think you`ll have much luck. King Air9- and a C182 and they used to have a chieftain or something, don`t know if it is still there.

Good luck in Ghana, hope you get something but I realy doubt it.

orgasmotron
30th Oct 2002, 07:20
Don't know about flying job in Accra. But if you are keen on few beers, drop in at the Mplaza. The Millionair crew operating the DC-9 for Ghana Scareways stays there. Good bunch of guys and girls. Good luck though.

Ps. If you are gunship rated, get to Abidjan, seems like there is going to be some fun.

Treetopflyer
30th Oct 2002, 13:51
Not much work in Accra, and my understanding is that most of it is reserved for Ghanaians or qualified foreigners... You have probably already seen Accra's operators with your own eyes. But try to get information about a private gold mine, operating a Beech 1900D which is coming to Accra once in a while. They may use foreign pilots. They seem to be based in the backcountry, I don't know where though.