PDA

View Full Version : KLM Purser gets caught with cocaine

CaptainSquelch
18th Jul 2001, 03:19
Last night (Monday) a 47 year old KLM purser was stopped by the Aruban customs for trying to smuggle cocaine out of the caribean island. According to the officials he was in the posession of 20 Kg of cocaine.
The flight to Amsterdam was delayed for about an hour due to the formalities.
For the time the man is suspended by KLM.

:cool: That looks the end of a profitable career "snif" :cool:

wallabie
18th Jul 2001, 07:09
20 Kg !!!!!!!!!
Good God, this is a hell of a sniff. You got to have a NOSE to pump this in !!
How was he thinking to smuggle this into Schipol anyway ?

BEagle
18th Jul 2001, 10:58
The one reason why I try NEVER to ned to fly with other than cabin baggage is the thought that some unscrupulous baggage handler could use your luggage for 'mule' purposes. Drug dealers are an evil and crafty bunch of low-lives who will stop at nothing; if someone put something into your luggage at one airport and another person was supposed to take it out at another (having been tipped off by, say, GSM phone), how could you prove that it was nothing to do with you if you were caught with prohibited items?

The Dutch started this lunatic drug-liberalisation policy and Trust-me Tones lot seem to want to do the same. So the demand for this filth will probably increase....

Self Loading Freight
18th Jul 2001, 14:04
I think you'll find that demand for 'this filth' is pretty constant: the question is whether you want to force the trade into the hands of people who're happy to see you go down for years if you're caught unwittingly carrying their contraband. Remember what happened with Prohibition!

Anyway, I'm sure that any discussion along these lines will swiftly be Ppruned off to another forum.

R