PDA

View Full Version : Crow, one of the best

bigruss
27th Oct 2002, 21:00
I went to Crow's (Brett Walker) funeral on friday in Tennant Creek. A very sad thing. Does anyone remember what a great musterer and chopper driver he was. He had a real gift of being able to read the cattle and his ability to position the machine was the best and i think of all the yarns we had on the radio and his visions.
See you in the long yard mate

Heliport
31st Oct 2002, 18:02
Welcome to Rotorheads, even though it's a sad occasion which prompted the post. Sounds like the rotary world has lost a great character.
Look forward to reading more of your posts.
When you've got a few minutes to spare, tell us more about the work you do.

Heliport

bigruss
1st Nov 2002, 05:45
Thanks Heliport for your interest in my friend Crow.
He was a great character whose life has evolved around mustering for quite some time. I believe he would have flown around 12000 hours and had part owned a mustering company at one time. He had worked very hard and owned his second cattle station at the time of his death. He leaves his wife and one son who intend to carry on his lifes work.
I had a very severe accident a couple of years ago and Crow helped me to get back flying again, we have done a lot of flying together on double musters and spent many hours,indeed days yarning on discreet frequencies
cheers for now
bigruss

helix47
1st Nov 2002, 11:59
I met CROW (& CHILLI) when they were learning to fly helicopters. There is no doubt that Crow IS the epitome of all that is good about Aussi country (and city for that matter) people. BIGRUSS, if you see the family of Brett give them my best wishes.

bigruss
1st Nov 2002, 19:50
helix47, i will do that. I never met CHILI but of course knew of him, he was one of the pallbearers.
cheers

imabell
4th Nov 2002, 05:13
crow was a big man with big hands and a big smile, and a great australian attitude, it was always a laugh sitting under the tree of knowledge at vrd having a beer when he came to do his company check ride at the beginnining of the season. there was nothing to show him, just go along for the ride. a most likeable character and now he is a permanent part of the outback and he won't get old as we will always remember him the way he was.
all who know him are his friend.