View Full Version : Cut Ronchonner out the loop, plz

RRAAMJET
2nd May 2001, 01:54
First time I've started a thread, so apologies for it being possibly trivial.

To all of you that keep replying to Ronchonner's wind-ups ( see "FAA...in England, ha.."), be aware that he is not from the US. He had a go at Americans a while back because they would not give him a Green Card. Now he's bitter and twisted at the Brits for some reason.

I'm all for free speech, but I think the wannabes thread is inappropriate for his rantings (there ARE youngsters interested in positives about aviation out there. I refer a lot of kids to this site on behalf of my Airline's Pilot Mentor Program. Go to jet blast if you want to have a hot start...)

Ronchonner: try to smooth your boundary layer a bit, will you? You're very new to professional aviation, and your attitude will not wash it with Recruitment at the biggies. I know.

The Moderator closed the above mentioned thread, showing good taste, and having nothing more to add, I expect him to close this one, too.

Sensible
2nd May 2001, 02:17
I could see that Ronchy wasn't a US pilot, the FAA require all pilots to have a basic grasp of the English language and be sane! Does Microsoft issue pilots licences for Flight Sim? I suppose that such an issue may be considered by Ronchy to be a pilot licence issued in the USA :)

rolling circle
2nd May 2001, 04:55
Please don't cut Ronch' out, I'm having so much fun and getting so much data comparing the tone of his posts with the feedback that I'm getting from his instructor. There is a definite correlation between the paucity of his flying skills and the vehemence of his posts.

There could be a PhD for me in this, keep winding him up for goodness sake! God forbid that he ever gets his licence, I may have to work for a living.

GRpr
2nd May 2001, 10:38
Oh come on! Ronny is hugely entertaining. No one takes him seriously and his posts often add a wonderful touch of humour to the site. It doesn't matter whether he is an inept struggling student in America, or Afghanistan for that matter, or whether he is a senior training captain for Lufthansa; I look forward to his posts for the laugh they invariably raise. Whenever I see Ronny has posted I know I'm going to smile, if not laugh out loud! And please, it is possible to have a bit of humour injected into threads other than those on Jetblast.

Please leave him alone. To proscribe Ronny would be a tragedy. He is great fun, and is rapidly becoming a Prune institution. There are many fans of Ronny's unique posting style; I am one.

RVR800
2nd May 2001, 11:47
He is a great character -
I say leave him be

SpeedBird22
2nd May 2001, 15:41
Hehehe. All those in favour of keeping him in say 'Aye'....

G SXTY
2nd May 2001, 16:23
Aaaaiii.

------------------
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit pruning.

Delta Wun-Wun
2nd May 2001, 16:29
AYE

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

aerostude
2nd May 2001, 16:33
Aye!

This is an unfortunate demonstration of PPRuNE bullying. This is a public forum and people can air their views as they see fit. The moderators deal with posts that are over the top and if they see fit to leave posts/users alone then who are we to argue. If you don't like his posts don't read them

In the meantime stop being so bloody childish

HollyDog
2nd May 2001, 16:45
aerostude, my friend.
Something tells me you're not all that up on RonnyChonny ? Correct me if I'm wrong. After all he does have an incredible list of type ratings - surely you've seen his vast experience in the international aviation world ? This guy is, well ..... something else. I'm personally becoming addicted to his next post.

aerostude
2nd May 2001, 16:56
I am familiar with who Ronny is, I don't claim to have read all of his posts and am not familiar with what type ratings etc he claims to have, nor do I care. I have read one or two of his posts and agree the guy seems to have some unusual opinions but I generally don't bother reading what he has to say any more cos it doesn't affect me.

I am not sticking up for Ronny, merely the principle of what this website is about. It wouldn't do for us all to be the same, although on this forum it is hard to avoid. Ronny could almost be considered a breath of fresh air.

Live and let live

[This message has been edited by aerostude (edited 02 May 2001).]

RRAAMJET
2nd May 2001, 18:09
Aerostude:

agreed, in principal. It isn't so much the subject matter of Ron, it's the replies it generates. Many of them are pretty vitriolic, with people not realizing he's trying to ram a wedge between nations. I think it makes other posters look childish, through no fault of their own.

I suppose if Ron placed his tongue firmly in his cheek at his keyboard, we could have a master in the making.....

HollyDog
2nd May 2001, 18:20
Quite Right - Good call,I respect your point. Ronny has his point to put across and we should all respect it. Mmmmm ..

HollyDog
2nd May 2001, 18:26
Sure, Ronny Chonny deserves respect. C'mon he's the most experienced Pprune're on this site.

[This message has been edited by HollyDog (edited 02 May 2001).]

HollyDog
2nd May 2001, 18:58
aerostude
I think your a bloody good bloke. You seem to, how can I say - gell with Ron. I'm in awe of you mate. Keep it up. Yours - the Dog.

madflyer
2nd May 2001, 19:08
I think this Ronchonner person is quite clever really- after all he's the only person who has managed to get people from all over the world and all walks of life talking about him and him alone on a website designed for pilots to talk flying!!!

------------------
MF

HollyDog
2nd May 2001, 19:19
Ronchonner ??
He's a : american teenager ?
frustrated french **** wit ?
(teenager)
Good value!
With apologies to teenages & the French.

G-LOST
2nd May 2001, 21:51
Aye,

Keep him, he's my hero. We need more plonkers in aviation (or at least on the fringes, preferably not qualified) to make everyone else look as good as we know we should be.

There's an old quote:

"Thank goodness for the fools. Were it not for them, the rest of us could not shine".

He's nothing but a harmless, raincoat wearing, scanner wielding nob.

Yo!
2nd May 2001, 22:03
Yeah, leave him in. He's a laugh a minute with his dumb comments, and if nothing else he's someone to reply to when feeling bored.

Keep it up Ronny, and don't worry if I have a go at you again (like the last 'FAA pilots in the UK' thread), it's a laugh!!!

SpeedBird22
3rd May 2001, 01:02
I think madflyer has hit the nail on the head. Whether or not he aggravates people, he has managed in a relatively short space of time to becomen a bit of a mini-legend.

Why don't we try and get him on Jerry Springer and have some real fun
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ronchonner
3rd May 2001, 01:06
thank you for your support, with this attitude, i m sure you will succed in your professional life!. :)
let's be serious: I agree with you on certain point but apparently you don't want to understand what I m trying to tell you.
Apparently you have been brainwashed by your UK/JAA/CAA...and believe me or not, it s not by paying a fortune you become a pilot but by flying and building time.
the USA(or canada, australia) can offer you the possibility to log time and to become a safe pilot rather than a knowledgable "pilot" with no skills.what I hate in the JAR system?, it 's expensive and they do everything to keep you down by increasing fees and taxes!and I know what I m talking about, I fly in europe and in the USA.if there is a shortage of pilots in the futur, aviation industry will look at your hours and flight experience instead of all your JAR FROZEN lic.
until now, what have done european governments (outside to tax everything)?
they did nothing...oh yes, they decided to boycott all foreign licenses,(this attitude is reserved for loosers (CAA,DGAC...)) because they are scared than better organisations (like the FAA or other) could take their students out; and by this way... they satisfy european schools that I qualified of a ripp off!
I just wonder how a young guy of 25-30 yo can pay a training of 80'000 euros for 200h, when for 1/4 of this money, he could fly more than 1500h and pass an ATP.
Anyway, If you want be a pilot, it s time to say good-bye to mom and dad because staying at home waiting for the famous british coockies will not give you a flying job...
I m not young to aviation, i just see lot of guys like you crying for a flying job because they did the wrong choice (JAR).
why you did the wrong choice? because you believe what these damn crap schools tell you ("there is a shotage of pilot, we need pilots,our JAR training is the best, we train the futur airline captains, 100% of our students fly for ailines...blah, blah, blah...)anyway, if you want absolutly stick with what you believe ( to become a poor JAR frozen atp pilot and with no job...), go for it, but do nt come to cry on this web site because no one want of you !!!
and to finish, there is a LOT to learn in aviation,and do nt think you know everything because you have an ATP frozen, I learn everyday new things, that probably you know or you do nt know.Each time i fly on a new aircaft, I learn different things, each time I fly with a new guy, I learn new things...,each time i fly in a new country or in a new environment, it s a new experience...
the JAR system give me the idea of: "we are the best, everything coming from outside europe sucks...you do nt need to fly because you learn in a classroomn how to fly a plane."
ok guy, I let you , my mom is knocking for my US cookies and my glass of milk before to go sleep!!! :)

VFE
3rd May 2001, 01:26
What have cookies got to do with it?

v1rotate
3rd May 2001, 02:01
Don't leave Ron, you keep things spicy around pprune. Quite a good reply you have up there in my opinion.

Hey speedbird22, how do you get those cute little grass skirt smiley faces happenin'.

------------------
"Jerry, just remember, it's NOT a LIE if YOU believe it." - George Costanza

Snap
3rd May 2001, 18:53
Dont Go Ronch!

Your insane/inane rantings brighten up many a boring thread. We mere UK CAA types, both professional and those aspiring to be so, love to hear how much better than us you are.
We all aspire to be like you, believe it or not.

And whats more I agree with you! Holding both FAA and CAA ATPL`s I agree that its much better to be able to pass all the exams with 100 percent in a couple of days and do an easy couple of flight tests which my grandfather could do(He Expired 1967)than the arduous road open to europeans.

Keep it up but dont give up the day job or the roads will become unpassable due to the rubbish.

:rolleyes:

RRAAMJET
3rd May 2001, 21:05
God, what have I started.....?

dictionary:

"Ronchonner - v. to make a short story long..."

think I'll go flying now, and leave this social hand-grenade to go off on his own...

Tor
3rd May 2001, 22:52
Ronchonner -

Maybe it's your condesending way of saying things. I agree with many (of some atleast) of the thing you're saying.

JAR is expensive (but hey, everything is in Europe), there are a lot of rules that blocks your way etc. Fortunately I did my education before JAA at 2/3 of the price in 1998. That was also before the tic-tac-toe exams.

But if you want to live in Europe, an FAA certificate is really no good.

Mr moto
4th May 2001, 00:37
The european pilots are not brainwashed.
We know the rules of the game and we know what we want. Can't take a joke,shouldn't have joined.

We all know plenty of people who use the same amount of money going to the states to train and coming back and having to convert by which time they as skint as we are.

You want bureaucracy and screw-ups? Europe is small scale compared with the US. Even frozen pizza is controlled by two different agencies depending on what flavour it is.

Make sure Mummy checks your pyjamas are on the right way round.

Wee Weasley Welshman
4th May 2001, 01:00
Well I'm the Moderator and I think he stays so he'd pretty safe.

That said, I do not want to see too much pointlessness here...

PPRuNe Towers
4th May 2001, 22:46
After a great deal of semantic analysis I reckon ron is actually is a supremely sophisticated francophobe psych-ops warfare project being run by Throber.......

------------------
Regards from the Towers
[email protected]

redsnail
4th May 2001, 22:58
Strewth Robin, an educated Scouser! What next?!!
"No offense, ok"

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

G-LOST
4th May 2001, 23:22
I believe Ron is an anorak at Flight Crew Licensing, Gatwick. That would explain his insistence that no-one should get a JAR / UK licence. Less work for him.

Hot&Heavy
5th May 2001, 03:58
My two pence worth...

If nothing else, Ronchonstiltsken eventually takes up precious space on poor Danny's drives & servers once we all eventually chime in with our responses.

Result, Danny needs to buy more equipment to keep upgrading the system, needs to find more advertising to pay for it... All so we can listen to this guy prattle on.

I agree - he is fun, entertaining, breath of fresh air etc etc but we could be using the 1's and 0's for something way more useful, informative and educational. Cut 'im loose.

scroggs
8th May 2001, 00:43
I think Ronch is Capt. Danny!
Anyway, I may not be top of his fan club, but he does have a way of brightening an otherwise dull day. I vote he stays, for the moment. Until he gets a job teaching English to the French and Americans!

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabe Forum Moderator
[email protected]

AMEX
9th May 2001, 02:35
I vote out as well. It's not funny but stupid and boring.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :D