View Full Version : Psychometric Testing

Mike Oxbig
27th Oct 2002, 06:22
Does anyone know of any good books to help with preparation for the psychometric assessments the airlines use? As for the tech questions, are they fairly basic or do they expect a detailed knowledge of specific aircraft types that they operate, ie would revising from the Bristol Groundschool notes be sufficient? Thanks

crankcase
29th Oct 2002, 23:46
Dunno about tech quessies, maybe just mechanical reasoning based but on psycos Amazon.com search will give you lots on aptitude testing, buy em all and more impotantly read em all, practice everything in em at least a million times and you'll have no probs

Kefuddle_UK
30th Oct 2002, 12:15
From www.amazon.co.uk I got the "Times Psychometric Tests Volume 1" CD. This covers mechanical, numerical and verbal reasoning tests (not personality). Doing the numerical one once a day has considerably sharpened my mental arithmetic. The verbal reasoning ones are the hardest and very hard if you only give yourself enough time to read the passage once!!

Alternatively vists www.emode.com for IQ and personality tests. However, I think these are light weight in comparison to the tests the Airlines will put you through!

PILAME
30th Oct 2002, 12:58
There is a web site called All the tests which is helpful. www.allthetests.com and www.shldirect.com has a few sample tests that are worth looking at.

Good luck.:) :)

Mike Oxbig
31st Oct 2002, 21:31
:) Thanks for your help guys!