PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone security

Eric
26th Oct 2002, 23:21
If you dial *#06# on your mobile you will get a number that is specific to your phone.

Make a note of this number.

If your mobile ever gets nicked, then call your supplier with this number, and they will then be able to block the phone so the little sh!ts who nicked it won't get too much fun from you.

jonathang
26th Oct 2002, 23:23
supprised but that works.

flybhx
27th Oct 2002, 07:35
If you have already registered your mobile with the telephone company they should have the number anyway. The only real change is that now they can kill the phone so that you cant use it on any network

Anthony Carn
27th Oct 2002, 08:22
Pity the sh!ts who steal don't have their own specific code.

Be nice to be able to block them out !

Uncle Cracker
29th Oct 2002, 23:23
Anybody know the code to send 240 volts down the little [email protected]' ear?

Captain Stable
29th Oct 2002, 23:28
Yep! :D

reynoldsno1
30th Oct 2002, 00:07
From what I have been able to glean on my travels around, this mobile phone theft syndrome is a peculiarly British thing - but then again half the opoulation seem to stumble around the streets with their eyes glued to their "mobile". What exactly is the big attraction?

I do have a mobile myself. I take it out of my pocket to make and receive calls. I switch it off when I'm driving. That's it.

Grainger
30th Oct 2002, 08:59
Hey, ren:

"... eyes glued ... "

Think you'll find the phone works better if you stick it in your ear !!! :p

reynoldsno1
31st Oct 2002, 00:42
Exactly my point - most of the phones in the UK seem to be used for anything other than talking to someone!! ;)

Grim Reaper 14
31st Oct 2002, 13:34
Have you ever been really annoyed by some pompous [email protected], spouting all about the benefits of his 'hands free' device, while holding his phone in one hand, and holding the little microphone up to his mouth with the other!!!

You'd have more free hands if you just used the phone without the hands free device you dozy pr1ck!!!

Going for a sleep now.... bit tired.:rolleyes:

Notso Fantastic
31st Oct 2002, 16:18
Eric, I have an Eriksson serial port lead and some Mobile phone software that I thought was going to allow me to edit my telephone directory and add ringtones- instead it allows you to change that mobile phone security number to whatever you want! Less than 5 pounds the lot! (plus a ticket to the Far East to get the software)

PilotsPal
1st Nov 2002, 11:23
ren

Some people never use their mobiles for talking - its all text (way cheaper than talking on some of the PAYG networks).