any interesting stories,

I have been unlucky,

3 dead rabbits.
2 cats ran away.
1 electrocuted hamster.

Think they were trying to tell me something lol

EI_Sparks
26th Oct 2002, 23:16
Have one old cat, who's almost 9 now, and who usually picks out the free space on the bed beside my head for a snoozing place.

Sister's dog, a black lab :) Dumb as two short planks tied together, and the dog's not too bright either :D

And sleeping on my chest as I type, a 9 week old kitten, called Schaeffer :)

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PAAAAF0VFoMIN!o4Zuj*lSQSwb8Y3UL*2AwHIiWwl5LssQICjK3KKnQP3K9 CAU4lNlN89e!onlVt*lpA1PzQrUrCDf0L*pfl/schaeffer.JPG

Always had a cat, but the last male moggy had a scrap with a badger and was mauled and we had to put him down :(

flower
26th Oct 2002, 23:19
Two very crazy dogs , who don't like me being on the computer and are the main cause of any typos

djk
26th Oct 2002, 23:27
oooh let's see....

my sister and I used to own loads of pets over the years..

2 budgies (Joey & Simon)
1 cockatil
2 rabbits (Cindy and Snowy)
2 guinea pigs (can't remember what they were called)
numerous goldfish
5 cats (Minnie, Jaws, Paddy, Zoe and Lucy)
2 dogs (Toby and Rusty)
1 tortoise

I think that's about all the pets I've owned over the years.

B222
27th Oct 2002, 01:55
Still in mourning,
A 16 year old cross labrador who knew me better than the missus. Poor girl died and as I said, still miss her.

GoneWest
27th Oct 2002, 02:23
Have - at the moment - 1 dog, 4 cats, two birds, 7 rabbits, 'n a guinea pig.

Spodman
27th Oct 2002, 04:55
2 head of young dog (1 Border-collie that has been ball mad since he lost his own & 1 labrador that would rather eat than breathe)
2 head of cat (1 anxious tabby that lives permanently in a cupboard, 1 ruthless carnivore that resembles a black, hairy football)
10 head of tropical fish (var.)

Anthony Carn
27th Oct 2002, 08:50
johnathang

...electrocuted hamster ????? :eek:

:confused:

GoneWest
27th Oct 2002, 12:28
"Electrocuted Hamster" - good name for a rock band.

jonathang
27th Oct 2002, 12:31
Well the poor creature got lose and chewed through the cooker cable.

I should not laugh lol

Standard Noise
27th Oct 2002, 14:33
Lucy(fer), 2.5yo black lab, none too bright on it. Picture the scene a la 1100 this very morn....

The Noisy family are out for a bracing trot along the prom, Lucy goes to see the sunken ornamental fountain (which is brimming due to our autumnal showers), forgets to stop and falls in arse over tit!:eek:
Noisy jnr paniced and wanted to jump in after her. Lucy just jumped out looking forlorn and proceeded to shake the smelly water all over us!:rolleyes:

I think that's what you call a "you've been framed" moment.
Black labs, none too bright, but loveable.

Fox Fire
27th Oct 2002, 16:02
Do toy boys count???? :p

jonathang
27th Oct 2002, 21:27
Fox that depends on what you use them for :o

ATCbabe
27th Oct 2002, 22:16
Jon,

Just dont even ask!!!! You way to young and innocent to find out :eek: :eek: :eek:

pax anglia
27th Oct 2002, 22:17
Yellow Lab x Collie (?)

Black Lab....and despite what has been said above, DEFINITELY smarter than the average bear! Sadly died last year and very much missed.

Horse....Cantankerous, Bolshie, Complex, Cranky and just Plain Difficult. However, he's getting on a bit now and when the inevitable happens I'll really miss the old b****r.

jonathang
27th Oct 2002, 22:18
Babe need to know, so Toygirls could be included :))

redsnail
27th Oct 2002, 23:36
Growing up.
Caesar, Boxer dog
Smiley, Basset Hound
Black Cat, err cat
Pichit, Siamese cat
Westley, cat
Hostile, cat (Mum's current cat)
Chooks
Rose, Rosella bird
Al, mouse
Mum is looking after Fluffbum, a very fluffy cat and Kelly, a big black dog for my brother.

My own
Spot, cat. Now deceased. sniff sniff. :(
Looked after Humpy, neighbours ginger tom with a prediliction for humping the furniture.

Current, aussie bloke ;)

My Mum used to own a camel. She grew up in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Not the usual place for a camel.

jonathang
27th Oct 2002, 23:55
Babe did you bring a pet camel back from Egypt,

You know that Customs will find out :))

Far canal
28th Oct 2002, 07:53
2 cats
1 Rabbit. The rabbit thinks its a cat though. It runs around the house chasing the cats (when its feeling lively). Uses the kitty litter tray and so we don't need a cage.

DX Wombat
28th Oct 2002, 09:45
The dozy housekeeper says she posted a reply yesterday but as we cats all know, you can't rely on people to do things properly so we are doing it instead whilst she is out of the way. We are Roobarb and Custard Wombat. I, Roobarb, am a big soft ginger female and Custard is a slightly smaller tortoiseshell. The housekeeper has had lots of animals to look after in the past - cats, both moggies like us and siamese, dogs - Heinz 57's and a Cairn Terrier, rats, mice, rabbits, guinea pigs, stick insects and goldfish. She has also had hamsters but didn't manage to electrocute any of them. Roast hamster sounds quite appetising, wonder if we can persuade her to provide us with one as a treat. :D :D

Ufiti_GB
28th Oct 2002, 11:10
4 cats - 1 that is nearly 20. Old bu**er doen't quite know whats going on around him!

62 various tropical fish

G'pig
Rabbit
2 Iguanuas
4 snakes various
African Grey parrott
2 love birds
Hamster
2 Gerbils (that are left - others residing in one of the cats!)

refusing anymore!!
:D :D

PilotsPal
28th Oct 2002, 11:26
Dozens of guineapigs, all much loved, presently only three. Spider - rescued from a local school - and Holly and Ivy (supposed to be female but aren't). Unfortunately the three of them fight and have to be kept separate.

Two budgies, the first of which had a irrational dislike of bald men. Couldn't ever let her out when a follically challenged person was in the house as she went straight to the head and proceeded to rake her claws across it.

A beautiful long haired ginger kitten that refused to co-operate with house training (he was very much an indoors cat and used to find my sister's hibernating tortoise and do unmentionables on the poor creature in its box). My father cruelly gave poor Poo-Bottom away when I was out one day and wouldn't tell me where he'd gone to for ages. He ended up as the resident cat in a smart restaurant (renamed Rastus) and lived on calves liver and prime fish. Surprisingly he never crapped indoors again from the moment he arrived. It is still not a subject to be discussed in my parents' house.

Grim Reaper 14
28th Oct 2002, 12:02
Yawling, furball, stinking [email protected]

...Cat.

flapsforty
28th Oct 2002, 12:10
2 teenage offspring, 1 Viking husband.

Anthony Carn
28th Oct 2002, 12:19
My sis used to have a Siamese cat called Jade.
Jade was one of the most beautiful of cats. very inquisitive, affectionate and vocal.
You could keep her occupied to the point of exhaustion (hers) by throwing something ( preferably soft and fluffy ) down from the top of the stairs. She'd chase it and bring it back up the stairs to you, for the cycle to be repeated as many times as you liked.
The only change to this behaviour was the gradual slowing down of said Jade as she got more and more out of breath !
My sis would knit small balls for this little game and Jade would sit watching the knitting process as if waiting for it to be finished and the game to begin !

Adorable nutter ! :)

brockenspectre
28th Oct 2002, 13:14
My childhood main fur companion was a very large tortoiseshell cat called Marmalade - we were virtually inseparable (only time she would ignore me is if mom was preparing her food). She never quite forgave me for leaving for university and died at the age of 20! During our time together she tolerated a few other furry creatures (so long as they stayed in their cages/runs) which included a mouse, a hamster and rabbits.

Now my main fur-kid/companion is a wonderful black&tan Shiba Inu dog called Karma (Skiandu Knight Dragon). K has had a horribly tough life, I am his fourth pet home and "in between" he has been in rescue before his breeder each time found out and grabbed him back! He is, therefore, stunningly good looking but rather more quiet, shy, and fearful than the average in-your-face Shiba. I got him, instead of a puppy, cos he needed a home! He has his own website but I am a hopeless website-updater so it is a little out of date but there is a picture gallery at Karma (http://members.aol.com/karma21094) :D

FlyingForFun
28th Oct 2002, 13:26
I want a dog. I love dogs. I'm allergic to them though :(

FFF
---------------

Grim Reaper 14
28th Oct 2002, 14:26
What about pigs? Go for pigs instead....

eveepee
28th Oct 2002, 14:37
Missed the top this time Grim Reaper:D

Lan Ding Gere
28th Oct 2002, 15:36
Had 2, well in fact three budgies.

One was bright yellow all through and the other was black and blue. While cleaning the cage the black and blue flew out of the cage and out of the window never to be seen again. In a panic, my dad went to the pet shop and got another one. ONLY that this one was black and green, which he hadn't realised.

Anyways, when I asked him about it, he mumbled that whilst cleaning the cage, one got wet and washed the colour out. Which I believed.

anyways, the black and green snuffed it for no apparent reason and the yellow one was left on her own and too snuffed it a few days later. No idea why :(

IFTB
28th Oct 2002, 15:41
A tinned HAGGIS.

ATCbabe
28th Oct 2002, 15:47
Mmmmmmm...... way to many to name. Kept everything from tropical fish and hamsters to dogs and horses.

Currently only a cat owner (had to have the hamster put down about 2 months ago:( ), but I am in the process of looking for a new equine companion.

Animals are soooo much better than men!!!!;)

PS Jon I did bring back that camel, much to Dubyas disgust!! He is called Humpy, original or what????:p

pax anglia
28th Oct 2002, 19:52
Slight digression......

Dogs look up to you,
Cats look down on you,
But Pigs is equal.

Canuckbirdstrike
29th Oct 2002, 00:45
How about the story of Fred the hamster (now deceased)......

Awoke one morning and went out of the bedroom to find piles of very dark brown colored substance on the carpet.

I immediately thought that one of the kids had suffered an attack of the flu and not quite made it to the loo. Due to all my colourful language the Supreme Commander of Domestic Affairs (the real boss) arrived on the scene, was suitably disgusted and retreated to the loo. Kids arrived to check out the commotion and went into the full denial mode (the Bart Simpson defence).

As I start to very carefully clear up the mess I spy Fred on the lose and looking a very strange brown colour with his fur all matted. As I capture him I look over and realize that he had managed to get a hold of some chocolate that one of the kids had left out and had been chewing it , filling his pouches and then regurgitating it in little brown mounds!

It took me a couple of hours to stop laughing and longer to clean up the carpet and be badgered by a 9 year old into giving Fred a sponge bath!

Fred survived for another 18 months and died of old age.

con-pilot
29th Oct 2002, 20:42
Ok we have 5 pets (?) at home.

3 cats.

1. Velvet, black Bombay. (Head of household)
2. Gabby, Calico. (Talks all the damn time)
3. Panda, Manx (no tail, donít know why, born that way). (Subject to instant nap attacks, will be walking and suddenly fall over asleep)

1 Great Pyrenees, Ona. (Great watch dog, only if intruder trips over him)

1 Artic White Timber Wolf, Timmy. (Timmy is short (or long) for timid, afraid of her own shadow)

Hersham Boy
30th Oct 2002, 09:13
Always had Siamese cats...

Current two are Bagheera (Baggy) 'cos she's black and smart and Byron (aka Mr Ploppy) 'cos he's a sensitive type... actually we think he might be gay.

Love 'em to death (most of the time).

Hersh

BlueDiamond
30th Oct 2002, 14:21
Had many pets of varying sorts over the years. My dear old cat was put to sleep early this year and am now down to last remaining pet ... one parrot named George whose main claim to fame is his ability to say "Hello Darlin', Hello Darlin'" at varying volume settings from soft whisper to loud screech that would wake the dead.

Kept a marine aquarium for a few years whose occupants included a moray eel, various marine creatures and a scorpion fish called Dennis (he was a dendrochirus) who used to feed from my hand. Maintaining the "balance" of this tank required the skill of a brain surgeon, the dexterity of a juggler and masters degrees in several of the sciences. The whole project came to an abrupt end when all the occupants fell victim to a virus

Never managed to electrocute any of them though ... :D

mainecoon
30th Oct 2002, 18:32
at this time strangly enough

a maine coon called souxsie (listened to too much music in the late 70's i'm sorry)

mad as a bloody tree , growls at strangers , victor affectionate to those she knows

mmmmm sounds like my last partner !!!!:p

maggioneato
30th Oct 2002, 20:26
11 Tortoises,pets with brains.all gone to sleep till spring.