PDA

View Full Version : GOE dummy ATC plan filing

terry f
26th Oct 2002, 19:35
I heard today that GO-FLY ops have permission from CFMU to dummy file their ATC plans. Does anyone know if this is true? Does this mean that when GOE ops merge with EZY ops, EZY will be able to dummy file as well?

When airlines obtain computer access to the CFMU system, they sign a service agreement agreeing not to dummy file, so what’s to stop every airline now dummy filing and bringing the CFMU system to its knees?

Terry F

chiglet
26th Oct 2002, 22:00
terry,
IF by "dummy" FPLs, you mean re-routes without cancelling the "Original" FPL, "Most" Airlines do it. Usually one or t'other is canxd PDQ
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

flowman
27th Oct 2002, 09:36
"I heard today that GO-FLY ops have permission from CFMU to dummy file their ATC plans. Does anyone know if this is true?"

Not true.

flowman

Deeko01
27th Oct 2002, 11:20
Hi,

Dunno about GOE/EZY but l have been watching Iberworld of late from Glasgow and noticing that they have been trying to beat the slot system like last week for example :

IWD3232 A320 EGPF-EGNM Filed 2230 No Slot Reg : EC-GZE
IWD0232 A320 EGPF-EGNM Filed 2230 No Slot Reg : EC-GZE

I thought that sort of thing was to be cut out but seems blatantly obvious to me they are still doing it dont know what its like from other airports??

Regards
Deeko01

routechecker
27th Oct 2002, 13:53
Nope.
Not GOE, EZY, nobody is allowed to do what is called "duble-filling". If the CFMU ever allowed someone to do that we would be crucified. When someone is caught doing it, the secong FPL is ALLWAYS Rejected even if the route is good. Fair to say that we can only catch them sometimes.
Now; we do not have the tools, the time or the mandate to go out there and play Mr. Policeman. Maybe things will change in the near future, but for the moment we all have to live with the cheaters.

Cheers

BIG E
27th Oct 2002, 14:33
EZY certainly do not dummy file,even if the new ops manager from goe gave us the thumbs up to do it we wouldn't do it,if you know what you're doing there is no need.Correct me if i'm wrong but is there not a system in cfmu that looks at similar flt nos and city pairs and compiles a list to be presented to the airlines in question?On a daily basis the dummy plan will only reject if the flt no and city pair is the same,if the flt no is ahem ammended slightly it will ack and not rej so very difficult to spot i would imagine.

ghost-rider
27th Oct 2002, 14:47
EZY don't file dummies, that's an SOP ! We'd get shot by the grown-ups if we did !

So IF the rumour is true - GOE staff won't be doing it for long ! :D

ps Edit : Just noticed BIG E's post ( must have written at the same time ! ) I agree completely. Current EZY ATC staff will never dummy file !

Numpo-Nigit
28th Oct 2002, 09:33
Off topic a bit, but, as the guys with orange shirts are here, I'll ask anyway.

The EGGW -> LEMG flight yesterday (Sunday) lunchtime returned to EGGW a bit sharpish with a cargo door warning light on. Its FPL said it was a 737-300. Fairly soon afterwards the flight departed again with a new FPL stating it was a 737-700.

Incredibly fast aircraft swap, or slip of the pen on the FPL? No big deal, just nosy.

BIG E
28th Oct 2002, 11:36
Indeed aircraft was swapped to 700.

ghost-rider
28th Oct 2002, 17:50
It was myself that refiled it on a -700 before the -300 landed as we had a cunning plan ( no pun intended ) that would work.

The benefits of having a pro-active dedicated ATC cell ;)

ps Gave it an 'A' suffix as the original was still RTB.

Numpo-Nigit
29th Oct 2002, 11:03
Well done guys!!!

Assuming that the baggage went on the same aircraft as the passengers, there was some fancy fast footwork by the baggage handlers at Luton - an interesting contrast to what was happening at Heathrow's T4 at the same time.;) ;)

Gonzo
29th Oct 2002, 12:42
Heathrow T4, now that was fun!

:D

Gonzo.

ghost-rider
29th Oct 2002, 18:03
Numpo,

Yep, they did well. It was a bit hairy out there by all accounts though at times. Stuff from the building works going-on was flying around, worst of which being grit and bits of hangars.

We had to suspend all ground ops around 11z-ish for about an hour as it really was dangerous.

Sounds like it was a damn site worse at T4 though.

Chef
30th Oct 2002, 00:18
Should have been at STN !!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: