View Full Version : SFT, Past, where are you now?

liquidhockey
1st May 2001, 22:23
hi
calling all past SFT students!
WHERE ARE YOU NOW/WHAT JOB ARE YOU DOING NOW????
what are your thoughts on the training there?
cheers
Dave

Blended-winglets
1st May 2001, 22:48
Well a ceratin SFT(european colege)student mow works for a regional airline palying the guitar at their Xmas parties!

liquidhockey
1st May 2001, 23:08
what do you mean?
have you got a job with an airline?
ifso what it like?
what do you think of sft?
Dave

RAFAT
2nd May 2001, 04:42
Attended SFT December 96 to March 97, my course partner and I both got jobs several months later with Jersey European.

Found SFT generally excellent with only 2 minor grumbles: too many students which meant having to fight for your slots, and a slight bias towards integrated course (Ab-initio) students. Would have liked to have seen them be more pro-active in promoting their students to potential employers.

Our instructor, Ms M Butler (went to FR Aviation) was one of the best instructors I have ever had the pleasure of learning from, creating exactly the right balance between learning and enjoying instrument flying.

Aztecs were excellent.

The result = first time pass.

Strangely Brown
2nd May 2001, 12:51
I completed my BCPL + CPL/IR upgrade at SFT from late '99 to early 2000. Very good instruction ( I had Rob Smalley for the BCPL and Norman Baldridge for the upgrade). As with ANY flight school there are too many students and you will get shafted occasionally but things accelerate as you get into each course. With regard to where I am now ( 1 year on)....
Frozen ATPL, Perf 'A', MCC, 1 IR renewal, 400+ hours, hundreds of letters & phonecalls and not a sniff - not 1 interview. I received no help or advice from SFT in finding work, but I didn't expect any. Looking at the FI route although I don't have a pot to piss in. Enough ramblings. Off to tell a few chief pilots what they're missing......