PDA

View Full Version : Anti Pop-up software

PCav8or
26th Oct 2002, 05:15
Anybody know where one can download free/demo software to get rid of pop-up windows. I know there are a lot of free antivirus programs available, but does any one know about anti pop-up software?

Thanks.

aerodeano
26th Oct 2002, 08:11
Anti Pop up

Try this link http://www.meaya.com I have the software and it works 100%. You can download a free trial to see if you like it.
Best of luck

P.Pilcher
26th Oct 2002, 10:48
PPRuNe was, by accident, infected with advertising popups some time ago - You could do a search, but at the time I installedPanicware popup stopper (www.panicware.com) at the time and it has been available on my machine ever since. It does interfere with some of the win 95 help systems and stops you playing solitare though. A couple of quick clicks on its icon on the bottom rhs of the screen (a right one and a left one) soon gets rid of it though when you want to play cards!

PCav8or
26th Oct 2002, 13:55
Thanks chaps. I'll give it a go.

Captain Over
26th Oct 2002, 15:18
"Pop-Up Stopper", either the light or Pro version, has stopped countless annoying pop-ups on our system.

I'd highly recommend it: www.panicware.com

PickyPerkins
26th Oct 2002, 17:06
A 7-day free trial of "CoffCup DirectAd Blocker" is available from
http://www.coffeecup.com/blocker/
Seeems to be working with no adverse effects on my WindowsXP machine so far.

Mad Monk
26th Oct 2002, 18:50
In another thread [The answer to Spam ? Maybe YES] Danny suggested I look at PopUp Zapper from batista.org/zap/.
This is good, but I am a cheapskate (and not even from the North).

If you go to www.webwasher.com, their anti pop up is excellent, free and works with Macs , Netscape 7, Opera 5 and that MS thing.

PS. Regarding the brackets above; Never ask a man if he is from Yorkshire. If he is he willl tell you soon enough (about 45 seconds in), if not why insult the man ?

Groundgripper
26th Oct 2002, 19:17
I agree with the Mad Monk on WebWasher - found it very good (so far).
It has a very useful feature allowing you to choose which cookies are allowed to be installed on your machine, either stopping them completely, deleting them when you close your internet connection or allowing them on permanently - the latter of course in the case of PPRuNE!