PDA

View Full Version : Condom tester - the ultimate job?

FlyingForFun
25th Oct 2002, 14:49
From Reuters: (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/021024/80/dd0h1.html)

LONDON (Reuters) - Hard-up students are being recruited to test condoms, rating them for their pleasure, comfort and performance qualities.

The 100-150 successful job applicants will be paid 100 pounds per academic term as they road-test a range of condoms from German manufacturer Condomi.

"The condom testers will be asked to give a pleasure rating. They will not be asked to test quality -- that has already been done," Condomi's marketing manager in Britain Victoria Wells told Reuters on Thursday.

"Test results will be fed back to our research and development department, and we hope that the students who participate will both enjoy the testing and the money, and give us a frank response which we can use for product development," Wells said.

She said adverts had been placed in a number of student publications and will run on several student radio stations from October 25.

Would-be testers will be asked to fill in an application available online at www.condomi.co.uk.

Among the voluntary questions asked of candidates will be: how many partners they have had, how often they have sex and how long its lasts -- with the option to tick various boxes marked from "under one minute" to one marked "1.5-two hours".

Question - what if you get a job as a tester, but then don't get lucky???

FFF
---------------

In Altissimus
25th Oct 2002, 14:57
Fu-Fu

We thought you would realise that this is one situation where solo hours count for nothing :D

Grainger
25th Oct 2002, 14:58
Yeah, I answered an ad for a job like that once . . .

"Condom testers wanted". Apparently the ladies taking part in the Miss World contest had volunteered to be the female side of the testing team, so to speak, and the ad was to find suitable male testers to help them out...

So I phoned up to find out where to apply and the guy says: "OK - you know the M1 Motorway ?"

"Yes"

"OK - you go up the M1 until you get to Junction 10 - that's the Luton turnoff - "

"Luton ??? But I thought the Miss World contest was in the Albert Hall ?"

"It is - but the queue starts in Luton !"

Eric
25th Oct 2002, 15:15
Hard-up students are being recruited to test condoms

:rolleyes:

Grim Reaper 14
25th Oct 2002, 15:19
1.5 - 2 hours

Does that include getting the bus to her place, stopping to pick up a pizza, going to the 'Offy', getting her 5hit faced on Bacardi Breezers, having a shower and phoning your Mum to come and pick you up afterwards?

No?

Damn....

Fujiflyer
25th Oct 2002, 16:16
I'd expect to be paid to have to wear one of these bloody awful things if I had just pulled a bird and was getting into the swing of things. Nothing like the smell of rubber and all the fiddling around with the thing when all you want is to...

FFF, I am not sure what the best answer to the scenario you presented is. I suppose you would just have to lower your "expectations."

:eek: :eek:

charterguy
25th Oct 2002, 16:25
This job sounds to good to be true, until you read the small print.
You have got to work a week 'in hand' :D :D :D

PilotsPal
25th Oct 2002, 16:44
Fu-Fu

Are you telling me that men do know how to put on a condom? I had no idea...

FlyingForFun
25th Oct 2002, 16:48
(* FFF re-reads his original post *)

PP, unless I'm mistaken, I haven't refered to men anywhere on this thread. Neither have I suggested that any of the testers, male or female, either would or wouldn't know how to use the product before they were offered the job. Now, what are you suggesting??? ;)

FFF
-------------

EI_Sparks
25th Oct 2002, 17:15
FFF - so they get on-the-job training? :D

Slasher
26th Oct 2002, 06:09
I applied and told them Id be willing to work for nothing to "gain experience"!

Is there a Condom Testers Union and will I have to cross a CTU protest line?

Feeton Terrafirma
26th Oct 2002, 08:04
Me thinks Slasher must be more desperate that I imagined. Got a problem with the right hand Slasher? :eek:

Anthony Carn
26th Oct 2002, 09:51
Condom testing? Not for me. Can't abide friction between work colleagues.

planepsycho
26th Oct 2002, 13:34
I wonder if the manufacturer of this condom implemented any research statistics with the "Nobody is ugly after 2AM rule.....just for accuracy of course! ;)

Anthony Carn
26th Oct 2002, 20:09
My chemist showed me how to put one on.

Don't see what use it'd be on my thumb though. :(

Nopax,thanx
26th Oct 2002, 20:35
"The 100-150 successful job applicants will be paid 100 pounds per academic term as they road-test a range of condoms from German manufacturer Condomi."

ROAD TEST?!?!?!

YEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCCCCCHHHHH!!!

I hope they used the super thick variety with extra lubrication...... :p

PilotsPal
28th Oct 2002, 10:51
Slash

I may be mistaken but I'm sure I've read before now how much you LOATHE condoms and regard them as little more than an instrument of the devil!

Anthony Carn
28th Oct 2002, 12:30
Nopax,Thanx

Road testing condoms ?

Think of the skid marks on yer undies -- brings new meaning to the phrase ! :rolleyes: