PDA

View Full Version : JAR ATPL theory, the full crop in the bag.

calypso
15th Mar 2001, 02:05
Yipee! first round, 14 out of the way. Such a weight off my shoulders, that little bit nearer...

By the way what a bunch of badly written questions. If we flew like the write their exams all the landlovers would have to wear helmets.

C

STurns
15th Mar 2001, 13:43
Calypso,

Congrats! I'm just starting out on mine and it's what I want to get out of the way too.

How did you do your training (residential/distance learning) and with whom?

foghorn
15th Mar 2001, 13:47
nice one calypso! I finish mine in May!

Base leg
15th Mar 2001, 15:41
calypso-
do I take it that you have just got March results ?

Base leg
15th Mar 2001, 15:47
and did you sit in UK ?

Dookie
15th Mar 2001, 16:39
Ive just started a ATPL distance learning course with 4forces. Pretty big workload, but Im positive its gonna be worth it.
Well done to the blokes who've got though.
Any one else done the 4forces thing, any comments?
good luck, it wont be long now
cheers.

Princess PP
15th Mar 2001, 17:32
Well done calypso!

May I ask which subjects you found the hardest? Are the questions multiple-choice or do they give you a free rein?

(Just started Distance Learning)

Good Luck!!

PPP

calypso
16th Mar 2001, 01:58
thanks everyone. I am doing an integrated course in Spain and I suffered the new JAR question bank. You cannot imagine how some of the questions have been translated...

The hardest subjects for me where Law and possibly Instruments although in the end I did not do to badly in either. Law is very much learning pages and pages of definitions, regulations and endless tables of minimum peformance, requirements, etc.

Instruments seems to have changed a lot with the new JAR question bank and the books we had where hopeless. The single biggest help was a night spent in an IBERIA 757 with a mechanic nosing around and asking lots of questions. Also some very useful Boeing videos I found at the school.

All the questions are multiple choice, this is a pain if there is more than one correct answer as is sometimes the case.

Good luck to all of you yet to take them.

C.