PDA

View Full Version : Shopping , how many times ??

jonathang
24th Oct 2002, 17:22
How many times do you go shopping in a week,

Whats the obsession .?

djk
24th Oct 2002, 17:24
about once a week for food shopping as my fridge doesn't have a lot of space to hold much food.
as for other stuff, I only go shopping when needed as I can't abide crowded shopping centres

28thJuly2001
24th Oct 2002, 17:56
I hate shopping, so I don't go at all.
The good lady wife does all the shopping and yes, she even buys my clothes.
I will venture out with her to do a bit of pressie buying for the kiddies but that is only because I can keep an eye on what she is spending on the darlings.
She did escape from me once and come home with one of those twirly things that curl your hair for our daughter. It is the most dangerous invention known to man, tried to curl my tongue with it and nearly pulled it off. >>>>30<<<< TAKE IT BACK WOMAN.

28th,,

briteandbreezy
24th Oct 2002, 18:01
Oh to be one of those girlies that just adores shopping till they drop. Alas, I am not, I can't stand shopping..... at all!!! :eek:

Well,... unless it's shoes,..... now I love looking at/ buying shoes!!! :)

If I could walk in a shop, browse, select what I want, then go and pay for it.... immediately,..... that would be fine. It's the queues, I detest standing in queues!!! :(

Last December, my friend (she hates shopping even more than me!) and I went christmas shopping for the day, to the Metro Centre. We arrived there pretty early, by 11.30am the queues were getting longer in each shop,.... so we retired to the pub...... and came home with very little!!! :rolleyes:

Select Zone Five
24th Oct 2002, 18:12
...as infrequently as possible. The only time I can get up the enthusiasm to go is if I intend to buy a gadget or a holiday and even then I like to order online.

There's nothing worse than trying to convice yourself you need the new 'bells and whistles' toy and having some berk who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow trying to flog you 'unicorn trampling' insurance!

Phew...I need to lie down :(

jonathang
24th Oct 2002, 18:50
I think twice a week for me, but who is the record holder :)

is it a Guy or a Girl lol :)

or is that a stupid question :)

brockenspectre
24th Oct 2002, 19:40
which i have to say I absolutely love to do (real butcher, real greengrocer, real sausage-shop!, real coffee shop)...

Once a month for boring household things..

Extremely rarely for anything else as I hate crowds and queues and car parks - but I do shop online pretty often from sites I trust for books, clothes, flowers to be delivered, biltong etc etc!

(have to admit, though, that when I was skinny I liked clothes browsing as everything was available for me to choose from).

:D

Grainger
24th Oct 2002, 20:23
Too many !!!!

ORAC
24th Oct 2002, 20:37
Food - once a week (Saturday) - 1hr.
Books/mags - once a week (Friday PM) - 30mins.
Clothes - twice a year (spring/autumn - Sunday) - 3 hours.
DVDs/Books - monthly (internet - whenever) - 30mins.

Computer bits - once a month (LA fair- Saturday) - 6 hours. :D

flower
24th Oct 2002, 20:56
The only thing that stops me from shopping is lack of funds.
I absolutely adore shopping, going around big and small shops, clothes , gifts , household stores, I get a real buzz.

The only shopping I don't like is food shopping, but the worst thing about that is putting it away after you get home.

EI_Sparks
24th Oct 2002, 23:17
I like to go shopping and go when I get the time for it, but thanks to standard PhD funding, shopping and buying are different activities and the twain rarely meet :D
'course, it earns me a few odd looks :(
But I don't care, it makes me happy :)
Besides, these are the people that keep saying that you'd have to be insane to go up in a little old plane like a stearman :rolleyes:

Rollingthunder
25th Oct 2002, 00:18
I find food shopping over here to be a chore - drudgery. Safeway is so bland and unimaginative. Granville Island Public Market is a bit far away and crowded.

When in England I actually look forward to shopping at the Abingdon Waitrose. I suppose it's the change of scenery but I also find the selection of everything to be so much more interesting and varied.

Any other type of shopping is disliked and put off as much as possible.

Uncle Cracker
25th Oct 2002, 00:36
As previously stated I am allergic to shops especially at this time of year when the "festive" theme is starting. I am therefore rarely found in anything bigger than the local offee, with solids comimg in the form of stuff from the farm shop up the road or a takeaway if I'm at work or feeling adventurous.

28thJuly2001
25th Oct 2002, 13:53
You walk from one end of the High Street to the next and see if you can make it to the end without be asked:-

"Have you had any accidents or injuries in the past 3 years?"
"Big Issue, Sir"
"Do you have a Kay's catalogue, Sir?"
"Do you have a minute to complete a questionaire?"
"Big Issue, Sir"

....and now with the end of October "Spare a penny for the guy?" 15 times.

I am not normally an ignorant person but I usually just walk past them all as though they don't excist.

28th..