PDA

View Full Version : What Airlines prefer

bottle2throttle
14th Mar 2001, 23:28
How much harder is it to get a Job as F/O if you aquired your licence via the Modular route rather than the fully integrated?

I know people say that a licence is a licence, but I do think it is important where and how you aquired it.

What are you thoughts on this matter?

------------------
Jesus, this bogy's all over me...........

Grandad Flyer
15th Mar 2001, 07:16
I know loads of people who have got jobs in the last 3 or 4 years and it made not the slightest difference how they got their licences. Some did the full CAP 509 course, another did an upgrade, another 2 were instructors in the US before converting their licences and others had done the self improver route. Excluding BA, you will probably find that most of the people doing the recruiting did not do a CAP 509 course.
So they will be open minded. They are looking for your hours, what you've done with those hours (ie. above average multi time or instrument cross country time, anything relevant to airline flying), what you did before flying and what you are doing now (ie. have you noth bothered flying for a year).
In fact, the CAP 509 people I know and the upgrader had far more trouble getting jobs, and having the magic 1000 hours seemed to be the answer.