View Full Version : Simulator availability

lostinspace
24th Oct 2002, 13:08
A long time ago I heard of a sim (MD80?) which was made available at a modest price to unemployed pilots. A friend is looking for some jet sim time for assessment practice - does anyone know if this set up is still going and if so who runs it?

Gin Slinger
24th Oct 2002, 14:56
You're probably thinking of the Trident sim - £70 per hr I think.

(www.tridentsim.com)

Bagelman
31st Oct 2002, 17:15
Looked at the website, not that much info. Anyone used the sim? If so what do they think?

18greens
31st Oct 2002, 17:56
The Tridentsim is absolutely brilliant fun and excellent value.

Sure its a bit tired (it is very old) but it works fine for practicing ILS SIDs and STARS etc.

The owner will also just let you lose on it and he won't insist on you employing an instructor.He doesn't hover over your shoulder all of the time either. I believe instructors are available who will prepare you for a Sim check ride to get you up to speed.

Comparing £70/hour to the £400 some charge for a 747 sim I know where my money would go.

Best thing is to get 3 or 4 of you together and rent it for a couple of hours each taking turns in the RHS and LHS.

Go and do it.

Bagelman
1st Nov 2002, 02:34
Cheers 18Greens think I will go down there to prepare for any sim checks that I'm not getting at the moment!

Splat
1st Nov 2002, 08:25
I've done the sim quite a few times. Anyone need a partner, give me a shout. I'm about 1/2 hour away.

S

foghorn
1st Nov 2002, 15:28
Ditto. We might be getting another Trident Sim trip off the ground in Private Flying, is anyone is interested drop me a line.

cheers!
foggy.

moggie
2nd Nov 2002, 20:10
You may have some luck at the Yorkshire Flight Centre (if I recall the name correctly). Based near Knaresborough they have a B737 that is used for joyrides although I have no idea of the cost.

I got the details from BT Directory enquiries on line - please note that I have no experience of this place and am not endorsing them, or any one else!

Yorkshire Flight Centre

(01423) 340664

Moorhouse Fm, Moor La
Arkendale
Knaresborough
HG5 0RQ