PDA

View Full Version : Hey CitizenXXXXXX!

Tool Time Two
24th Oct 2002, 09:43
What's a "subjet"?
Something a scab flies?
No Woomera No! OUCH!:cool:

24th Oct 2002, 09:56
haha... actually, it's pronounced... "sub jay" , as in "subjet d'art".

It's French for "a very smick-looking and fast aeroplane."

CitizenXX
25th Oct 2002, 07:58
Poor old TTT,

Apart from the other difficulties he is experiencing in life, he has difficulty recognizing a typographical error. Oh dear!!

Joke time.

What's the difference between a jet engine and an 89er??

The jet engine stops whining when it reaches the gate!!!

ICURA?
25th Oct 2002, 08:34
Cit.X Good Joke but in all fairness I heard this one first being directed at returnees. There fore when I laughed I was reminded of the first occasion and how appropriate it was then around the time of the demise of Ansett. As they say ...... telling a good joke is all a manner of timing. I think yours was a bit off. better luck next time.

CitizenXX
26th Oct 2002, 03:50
ICURA,

It's been around a lot longer than that. I heard it as a blonde joke at least twenty years ago, and a nurse joke whilst still at school.

You'd have to admit that it certainly applies to TTT though. He's till whining about an incident long forgotten by all except for a little band of people who call themselves the 89ers.

It was only a joke. Perhaps you took it, and yourself, a little too seriously.

I could have posted something nasty as TTT does, and said that a subjet is something a sub human, such as TTT, flies, but I chose not to.

There's another typo here for you to find and ridicule TTT since you appear to get off on picking them up. Let's play a little game of 'find the intentional error'. Good boy! I know you can do it.

The Enema Bandit
26th Oct 2002, 06:15
At least Citizen X doesn't get bitter over his mistakes.

ICURA?
26th Oct 2002, 10:31
Cit.X
It was only a comment on a joke." No seriously" !! So please, I would appreciate it if your replies to me would not be used as a forum to degenerate another person who posts here. I like a bit of repartee as much as the next person...but not snide , patronising comments about someone else, when the reply was addressed to me. You were right in the first paragraph , "It was only a joke " and a reflection by me on how old ones keep popping up.
Thanks for your consideration in this matter

CitizenXX
27th Oct 2002, 21:54
ICURA,

Yes, on reflection, perhaps I should have addressed the comment to TTT. I quite often have multiple addressees in a single post, but on this occasion I didn't.

No offence intended to you my friend, and I agree that many posts here, including part of my last, are quite counterproductive.

Slasher
28th Oct 2002, 03:10
TTT dont waste your time communicating with filthy scabs. I dont. They are persona non grata and a disease. And besides its not engendering any reputation for you to be seen doing it. If anything debate with real people of character, not with garbage below the level of sewer-scum. There are in fact plenty of well-informed PPRuNers around who do take up a critical position of our side re 89 but arent scabs and dont use scab-like cliches and worn out 60 year old "Vichy"- type excuses as fall-back arguments.

Sui generis mate.

CitizenXX
29th Oct 2002, 00:01
Thank you for your informative input Slasher.

I suggest that perhaps you should seek treatment.

I've just started re-reading Sky Pirates. It's falling apart due to a particularly poor binding; a little like the AFAPs case back in 89. I suggesst the 89ers also re-read it. There are obviously many points you've forgotten from the great battle that was never going to be won by the pilots.

Sewage enemas, my friend.

Travelling Toolbox
31st Oct 2002, 03:51
Hey 203

As it appears you like to have a little joke at the expense of engineering types, I looked up your profile and thought you might like this one:

Subject: Maintenance Monkey

A tourist walked into a pet store and was looking at the animals on
display. While he was there, a Hangar Maintenance Foreman (HMF) from the
local airfield walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll take a
6114 monkey, please."

The man nodded, went to a cage at the side of the store and took out
a monkey. He put a collar and leash on the animal and handed it the
HMF, saying, "That'll be $1,000." The HMF paid and left with the monkey.

Surprised, the tourist went to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a
very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few hundred dollars.
Why did that one cost so much?"

The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that 6114 monkey, he can rig aircraft
flight controls, score 300 on the aptitude test, set up a BITE check and make coffee better than any junior pilot with no back
talk or complaints. It's well worth the money."

The tourist spotted a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more
expensive--$10,000! What does it do?"

"Oh, that one is a "47530 - Maintenance Supervisor" monkey; it can instruct
at all levels of maintenance, supervise maintenance at the
intermediate, and heavy Depot level, and even do most of the paperwork. A
very useful monkey indeed," replied the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around a little longer and found a third monkey in
a cage. The price tag read, "$50,000". The shocked tourist exclaimed,
"That one costs more than all the others put together! What in the
world could it do?"

"Well that's a 203 monkey, I've never actually seen him do anything but drink beer and
play with his d1ck, but his papers say he's a Commercial Pilot!

amos2
31st Oct 2002, 04:20
...Ah! yes...I like that one!
Trouble is, I think Toolie's talking about me too!! :rolleyes:

Travelling Toolbox
31st Oct 2002, 05:31
amos2

(chuckle chuckle), glad you liked it. :)

Sorry about the scattergun approach - it's sorta like how I fly. :D :D

Edited cos I wanted to.

1st Nov 2002, 02:37
Travelling Tool Box...

I never realised primates/engineers were so highly trained. Is this why they call you Grease Monkeys??

As for drinking beer and playing with dick, (while you are quite correct about that) is this your way of telling us you're suffering professional pen!s envy???

BTW, did you know you can teach a monkey to ride a bike...

Travelling Toolbox
1st Nov 2002, 02:56

Thirty years in aviation and I have had a lot of thoughts and emotions about the scores of pilots I have encountered, but envy was never one of them.

You think far too highly of yourself 203.

Come back in a few years when you have grown up a bit and understand your place in a team effort. :rolleyes:

BTW sunshine, there are plenty of us out here under the hood of many an aviating beast who are just damn fine with our lot in life.

You have a nice play in your sandpit now and , for your pax sake, try and remember which way is up.

4th Nov 2002, 01:01
Okay Grandad...