PDA

View Full Version : DHL Network Announcement

Bob Down
23rd Oct 2002, 16:43
Heard on the grapevine, that there is/was going to be a major announcement by DHL 'sometime soon', regarding the network.

Maybe completely groundless, so has anyone else heard anything?

Also Air Con ATR's in Lisbon?

Please feel free to give me some good news guys!

BD

RampTramp
24th Oct 2002, 16:17
Bob,

The only major announcement was the part purchase of Air Hong Kong from Cathy & the joint venture in
the far east. The DHL German lords & masters are expected to release their plans for the future of
all the DPWN companies but don't see that having a major network effect in the near future.

As for the ACL ATR's, very serious consideration but nothing firm yet.

Guess it's not what you wanted to hear but the best I can do.

Flip Flop Flyer
25th Oct 2002, 14:33
Bob,

Rumours abundant here in BRU ..... but as RT says whatever DPWN comes up with it will probably have little or no effect on our network. My personal rumour, which is wholly unsubstantiated, is that they'll incorporate all their logistics companies (Deutsche Post, Danzas, DHL) in one big pot under the DHL banner. Taking that one step further they might even consider a paint job for our aircraft in the style of the Jordan F1 car (DP and Danzas' colours being yellow).

For ACL's ATR's, well ..... last I've heard is that they'll be on a FedEx contract. But in my opinion the Convairs are way overdue for replacement and used ATRs are both available at a reasonable price and can be modified with a large(er) cargo door. Have seen one ATR of Danish Air Transport fitted with rollerbeds and thereby containerised. Again, wholly unsubstantiated rumours and nothing I've heard from anyone in the company.

The future is defo Yellow though :cool: ;)