View Full Version : Need some help in relation to the BA Form questions?

Turbsy
30th Apr 2001, 20:44
Hi all,

Im just practicing my answers for the BA application form and I have a few questions I hope someone can answer, regarding the intial part for the form:

1)What is your current salary/salary expectations?

- Im a student, should I definitely leave this blank (sorry for bringing this question up again)

2)Education details:

Should I fill in just my A-level results here or/and my GSCEs?

3)Can you swim (approx. 50m)?
- I can but how much more should I say?

4)Finally for questions like, Have ytou ever been convicted of a criminal offense.....if yes please give details....?

For an answer of 'no' here, should I say any more or just leave it at that.

Sorry for all the questions,
Any help will be great.

Best wishes,

David
Ireland

ROTATION
30th Apr 2001, 21:01
No idea what to put about salary expectations, don't FO's start on 23-25k ish???
If there's room (there was on my form but it sounds like it's changed recently) then put down all quals.
If it's a closed question then keep the answer closed, ie. Yes or No. There are more than enough open questions for you to interpret on that form so don't over-complicate the simple stuff.
Thats what i reckon anyway!

Turbsy
30th Apr 2001, 21:05
Thanks for that,
Cheers,

David

SpeedBird22
1st May 2001, 02:08
Hi Turbsy mate - still picking through the form are ya?? Not to worry - whilst most of my family were shovelling Christmas pud down their throats I was sitting in front of the computer scratching my head and trying to work out what the hell I was supposed to do.

Took me about three weeks in the end but I got through so heres what I think...

The salary question: I was informed, quite reliably I think, that if you don't have a current salary then don't even bother to fill the box in. Theres no point in playing around with random figures that an FO might get cause it just makes no difference. They won't be concerned with whatever you write there.

The education question: Yup you should put GCSE's and A-Levels in there because they will want to see both. In particular with the GCSE's you'll need more than just '9 grades A-C'. Put down subjects, boards and dates. If you can't get it in, write smaller!!!

Glug glug: Rotation is right, don't write too much but a little qualifying sentence after 'yes' won't hurt. Try something like ' - to a high standard'.

Criminal offences: hehehe ;) what else could you write?? 'No and I promise never ever ever to do anything bad ever sorry'. Only kidding! A simple 'no' more than suffices here. Of course if you are a convicted ironing board thief, then say so.

Hope I've helped to ease your burden. If you've got any other questions then feel free to drop me an email. Beware though, I do charge a fee :)

Seeya buddy,

BAW22

**Edited for illegibility**

[This message has been edited by SpeedBird22 (edited 30 April 2001).]