PDA

View Full Version : looking for work

Arnie eye in the sky
23rd Oct 2002, 05:00
I have just finished my cadetship, and have approx. 240hrs with a MECIR. My instructor believes that I have the potential to make it in the industry, and believes I should be aiming for a twin job. I have heard that twin jobs can be hard to obtain. I would like a twin-job in a capital city; preferably brisbane. Any suggestions.

RYAN TCAD
23rd Oct 2002, 05:10
:rolleyes:

Airframe Driver
23rd Oct 2002, 06:10
Uh-oh ! Look out. Here it comes.

Duck!

I'm outta here.

Turbulent Eddy
23rd Oct 2002, 06:51
"WHOOP WHOOP" - Windup Alert

Thanks for the humour after a long day though. :D

bitter balance
23rd Oct 2002, 07:11
Anyone else remember "Pete Mitchell" with the same windup a while back. Except it took about 30 abusive replies before everyone realised he was taking the **** :D

NOTAM
23rd Oct 2002, 07:30
Good Luck!!!! With 240 hrs you would be lucky to get a job flying singles! ;)

puff
23rd Oct 2002, 08:27
Arnie, easy as pie, walk into the office of your favoured company you wish to work for, tell them that you start tomorrow, and won't work weekends, nights and you want a minimum of 60 grand a year......just let us know which place your going to so we can come and watch the reaction :)

Don't laugh his instructor might have told him that too! Those glossy brochures at the flying school aren't lies are they??

hmm...
23rd Oct 2002, 08:46
No No No!!!

Please let this be some evil joke!

:D :D :D

CurtissJenny
23rd Oct 2002, 09:05
If his flying instructor sold him lessons on the basis that he was going to walk into a MECIR job with those hours I think that he bought a pup.
Maybe he should go back for a refund?

Me thinks that someone is doing a windup. Stand back, the clockwork toy is about to burst into movement.

Raingauge
23rd Oct 2002, 09:52
G'day Arnie, come over for a check ride...tomorrow (Thurs) 0800. If you want it enough, you'll find me.....In a capital city near you!!.:D

lackov
23rd Oct 2002, 11:21
Nice one champ:D

Mainframe
23rd Oct 2002, 12:05
Arnie, Gday ! Where have you just graduated from ? Moorabbin ? Bankstown ? It's gotta be one of those two surely.

Wonder why your instructor isn't doing just that ?
In fact I wonder if your instructor has ever been outside the playground.

Anyway, doesn't matter, they've got your money now, and you've got some ratings you can't use for a lonnng time !

This has got to be a windup, isn't it ?

Aviation_sl#t
23rd Oct 2002, 13:53
What??? I thought that all cadets get jobs as S/O's on the heavy metal??.. Think it was his instructors way of saying `dont come monday'!!!!

Mate.... go outside and take a long hard look..... yes thats it... over there... no.. a little further... SUPRISE!!! thats the real world looks like. Welcome to it. DOH

A.S.

KAOS
23rd Oct 2002, 14:52
Arnie,

Do you have a preference with regards to which twin you would like to fly?

Seriously, if this is a joke, get a Life!

Otherwise, if you are for real, go and ask your beloved instructor, what type of polish does he/she recommend to use when you get that twin job polishing the aircraft. Wax on, Wax off!

K A O S.
:eek:

Rolling Departure
24th Oct 2002, 03:36
Don't suppose your insightful instructor mentioned what sort of twin??
Piston, Turbo Prop or Jet?
:D :D :D :D

Skypark
24th Oct 2002, 04:04
Can't everyone just let the thread die? Why bother posting?

Arnie eye in the sky
24th Oct 2002, 06:18
Ok, look sorry everybody if I offended you.

Let me start again. I have just finished my cadetship, with MECIR, and have been told by my instructor that I 'have what it takes.' (her words, not mine) In view of that, I would like to do some ME work in a capital city. It does not have to be charter, frieght will do. And to that end, i would even be happy with co-pilot time. Unfortunately, I am not interested in going bush, and if that upsets you I am extremely sorry; but it's how I feel.
All I am asking is for some advice- surely that is not too much to ask.

Skypark
24th Oct 2002, 06:43
What cadetship have you just finished?

Icarus2001
24th Oct 2002, 08:35
So Arnie would you prefer twin piston, turbine or jet?

It does not have to be charter, frieght will do.

What do you think freight is? Aerial work?

strewth
24th Oct 2002, 11:30
G'day Arnie,

If its a flying job your looking for in Brisbane, there are a couple of companies you can try.

Firstly, all of the good operators are at the main airport and not at Archerfield. I can't remember the name of the company, but the guy you need to speak to is Brett Godfrey. He's the MD of a company with quite a large fleet of aircraft and treats his pilots as well as most others in aviation and they are entirely based in Brissie at the moment. . They are up towards the end of the main airport road in the big white building on the right.

There is also Jetcr@ft. Contrary to popular opinion, they have some "light" aircraft and are always willing to put on low time guys with good references.

Good luck!!!

;)

Raingauge
24th Oct 2002, 11:37
Arnie, where were you today for your check ride? You want some advice.....how about pulling your head out of your ar$e and taking 3 deep breaths. If by any chance you've already done this, do your instructor a favor a give her a hand getting hers out...make sure you've got some sunglasses close by as I don't think she's seen much sunlight lately and the glare might be to much.:cool:

onmyway
25th Oct 2002, 04:01
God, what a post

How do you expect to get ahead in this industry without doing the hard yards. So you dont want to travel out bush - i guess you also wont wash aircraft for any employer.... "Nah - I'm a MECIR Pilot - They didnt teach me how to wash aircraft"

I am speaking from my experience, and i would be guessing, alot of other people aswell, but with your hours, you will have ****** all chance of obtaining ANY work in a capital city, in a single let alone a twin, and i would be very warey of the operators that post a twin driver with less than 300hrs ....

Mate - you have been led up the wrong tree as to how glossy this industry is. I must say - you could get the clean break, however they are very hard to come by, but you will learn that you will need to get out of your comfort zone and get some real experience - and all I can say - HEAD WEST !!! (if you are in Brisbane)

Dont hold your breath .....

Aussiebert
25th Oct 2002, 14:59
maybe i am mistaken about cadetships, but don't they usually result in a job?

methinks his instructer was politly saying you can't buy a job, maybe some fool will give you one

The_Hun.
26th Oct 2002, 01:32
Who the hell does this guy think he is? The Hun?? Hey mate this windup is so passe- been there done that try another line, something like 'which airline should I work for, I hear qantas pay well but virgin has better looking hosties!!'

The Hun

Towering Q
26th Oct 2002, 03:46
Arnie, you can have my job. Would a C402 do it for you?

Some bloke in Sydney is hassling me to fly his companys B767. The nerve of the man, I'm not moving to Sydney for anything but a B777 job.:mad:

grrowler
28th Oct 2002, 03:10
Anyone seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?

Main theme of the movie is them tracking down d!ckheads talking sh!t on the internet and beating the **** out of them.

Lock your doors, Arnie!!! :D :mad:

the looka
28th Oct 2002, 03:43
Arnie, I'd reckon right about now your dad's wishing he spent that 35 grand in a brothel.

NOTAM
28th Oct 2002, 06:01
:rolleyes:

safeskiesabove
28th Oct 2002, 07:52
DEAR ARNIE,

ARNIE DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT ANYONE SAYS TO YOU ON THIS FORUM WITH A SENSE OF HUMUR LIKE THAT, YOU WILL GO FAR..

LOVE IT
:) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

OzExpat
28th Oct 2002, 08:53
This is the power of "positive thinking" at work! It's a novel approach, to be sure! :D Thanks for the best laugh I've had in weeks!

Staggerwing
28th Oct 2002, 09:58
At least Arnie admits to having 240 hours experience. I know of some cadets from a now defunct great airline who were told that the training they had received gave them the equivalent experience of a 2000 hour bush pilot.

Third Officer
29th Oct 2002, 07:51
Arnie

I find it very odd that you take an interest in the movements of KakAir on another thread, yet you claim:

I am not interested in going bush, and if that upsets you I am extremely sorry; but it's how I feel.

Why would someone of your 'calibre' worry about what the smallfish are doing out in the sticks.

O by the way it's better you don't go bush - I doubt you'd hack it with that attitude. You're better off learning to bend over and grab your ankles for that twin job that is surely round the corner for you with that vast experience that employers are sure to take a second look at.

imabell
29th Oct 2002, 21:25
all the world's an airport and everybody on it merely cynics.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OzExpat
30th Oct 2002, 08:09
Cynic? Me?
Hell Yes!!!
But on threads like this, I'm a realist - as are most of the others who have responded so far. Methinks that somebody ain't gettin' the message tho...

Vref+5
30th Oct 2002, 22:49
I don't know, with that type of experience, he'll be a shoe in with the Q, if mummy or daddy are in the company

FL CH
31st Oct 2002, 08:38
Arnie,

I believe that both Qantas and Virgin will be fighting to offer you a position. From what I've heard both their recruiting officer's have neen disciplined for not offering you a postion sooner.

Welcome to the real world.

tyga78
2nd Nov 2002, 09:51
Sounds like the pole up his @rse has a pole up its @rse