PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Pal's

JAFCon
22nd Oct 2002, 22:30
I know its not a Rumour or News But !!!!!!!, Whatever happened to the Pilot Pals Calendar ?, Yes I Know that they are not the most P.C. Calendars in the World, but I like them.

Can You still get them ?.:p :p :p

Airbubba
22nd Oct 2002, 23:01
>>Can You still get them ?

Sadly, it looks like they have been discontinued. See:

http://www.johnwillis.co.uk/pilotpal/publish.htm

You can still view the 2000 calendar at:

http://www.johnwillis.co.uk/pilotpal/calendar.htm

This sort of publication has long ago disappeared in the mainstream U.S. aviation press. It is too politically incorrect for advertisers in these enlightened times. In the early 70's Professional Pilot had nude shots of girls behind the desk at FBO's, such a thing would be unthinkable now.

Flash0710
23rd Oct 2002, 00:26
The Bar still works............!

Ouch!

JAFCon
23rd Oct 2002, 10:18
Well I think that we should try and get it back, if enough PPRUNE's got together perhaps we could !!!! I know that its not P.C. but I loved it and so did most of the Engineers and Aircrew That I knew.:)

PilotsPal
23rd Oct 2002, 12:32
A couple of years (if not more) ago, IFR and I had a conversation in the Pilot's Pal bar at Biggin Hill with the man who produced the original calendars and we did discuss the possibility of a PPRuNe calendar. Alas, times have changed and I don't think it would be acceptable to the masses although I do think it would prove a nice little earner for the PPRUNe Fund.

redsnail
23rd Oct 2002, 13:27
oh gees..
I just can't see Danny in a little white g-string lounging seductively over the wing of a 737...... :eek:
Although I'd pay to see PPRuNe Towers in some of his outfits that he's described on PPRuNe Chat. :p
I think Marge would surprise a few! :D

PilotsPal
23rd Oct 2002, 13:57
Oh I don't know. Now that Marge has had her varicose veins seen to, she'd look terrific in Agent Provocateur a la Kylie.

Naturally the Arse of the Year contestants would be a popular feature.

flower
23rd Oct 2002, 14:03
Political Correctness be damned, as long as there were men as well as women I am all for it.

If the WI can produce their calenders why can't PPrune have one

;) ;) ;)

flapsforty
23rd Oct 2002, 14:13
Ms PP, since you are in charge of the project, could I put in a request?
Please? ;)

AerBabe
23rd Oct 2002, 14:43
*ahem* (http://www.raf-waddington.com/specials/e_sentry/calendar.htm) :D

PilotsPal
23rd Oct 2002, 15:03
Flaps

Well, there are those whose pictures I might be tempted to keep for private consumption....

Biggles Flies Undone
23rd Oct 2002, 15:09
:rolleyes:

This I have to see :D

PilotsPal
23rd Oct 2002, 15:12
BFU

I have the perfect job for you! How would you like to assist the ladies with their wardrobes, assist them dressing, that sort of thing? All you'll need is a pair of warm spoons...

Tinstaafl
23rd Oct 2002, 15:52
I don't get it. Not once amongst all of the 2000 calender's sleek aircraft is there a BN Islander featured... :D

Biggles Flies Undone
23rd Oct 2002, 16:04
PP think I could only stand that for a year or twenty. Does that include undressing too? Also do I get to choose the models?

Tinny think in aircraft terms they are looking for Claudia Schiffers, not Norah Battys :D

PilotsPal
23rd Oct 2002, 16:37
I can think of someone who might be happy to pose appropriately in or on an Islander. In a romantic snowy setting perhaps.

redsnail
23rd Oct 2002, 23:09
Romantic snowy conditions?? :eek:
You mean freezing cold blowing a gale blizzard conditions!
:D

What_does_this_button_do?
24th Oct 2002, 11:45
BFU: Make sure those spoons are table/serving spoons!

:D

InFinRetirement
24th Oct 2002, 17:15
As the "elder statesman" I can, I believe, rightfully claim pole position, if you will pardon the expression, to ensure complete propriety and fairplay.

The fair PP and I did indeed question the possibility of producing a PPRuNe calender, no not that one it has too many holes, calendar which could grace the halls of the mightiest airlines and clubs alike. The prospects were endless but alas and alack, the question of the filthy luker(?) came into it and the dream was broken. :mad:

But wait! Is there not a person with his pockets stuffed with the stuff? Answers on a postcard please. ;) We could then take forth this undressing atop a giant Prat and Witney, or a gambol in a Jumbo, or any number of wild wanderings in and out of delightful Gods of the skies. SIR! Excuse me sir, it's time to wake up! Damn!

The PPRuNe Fund would be awash with such wealth that we might even manage a FREE bash! :D: What a lovely thought :cool:

JAFCon
25th Oct 2002, 21:38
Well I think PPRUNE should do Two Calendars Both in the style of the Pilot's Pal's one Female one and One Male one, I'm sure that if Pilots Pals at Biggen Hill were approched something could be done if all the Ppruner's brought one we could sell 10,000s of the Male and Female Versions, please lets have a vote and a big push with some publicity for this Calendars get seen a lot and if its got the PPRUNE name on it its got to attract more members, come on I need a decent Calender to Hang on my Crewroom Wall and Toolbox. Lets get some sorted for 2004 PLEASE.

In fact if only 1in 10 members brought a Calendar that is over 5,500 Calendars, and if PPRUNE took a cut of a Quid thats 51/2 Grand

Celtic Frog
26th Oct 2002, 20:26
Hey folks..
If you remember these calenders..as well as having half dress women on each month they also had a sort of "trademark" thing of a puppy inside a pilot's flying helmet.

I have that helmet if anyone's interested in buying it.:) :D