PDA

View Full Version : Police helicopter appearance on Brooky

NigD2
22nd Oct 2002, 13:32
To all the members of the Liverpool ASU.

Latest rumour is that Brookside (crappy scouse soap opera, to all you across the big puddle) is filmimg an episode with the Police helicopter crashing into the petrol station in Brookside parade.
Any insider info on that???
Did Channel 4 promise to get you a brand new EC135 if you wrote off the old crappy twin squirrel whilst filming.

:D Well don't believe them if they did. Brooky is in the brown stuff after being shifted to Saturday afternoons and couldn't afford a 2000+ hours R22.

Off now to get a life.

pilotwolf
22nd Oct 2002, 18:02
I sincerely hope not. Helicopter accidents/incidents get enough high profile bad press compared with fixed wing, (GA).

If they start appearing in soaps the majority of the UK will think this is a true to life occurance which happens every day just like all the other real events depicted 6 hours a day on soap TV!

:(

PANews
22nd Oct 2002, 23:46
As the result of being sent a sequence of images cut rom the Daily Mirror [7 October] the intention can be confirmed.

It is clear from the same images that the aircraft crashed is to be a mock-up of G-OTSP an AS355F operated by Aeromega [Stapleford, Essex]. Owned by Aeromega, this is a full role police aircraft and retains its full police marks and is an operational spare for a number of police forces. I guess the mock-up took the registration sequence because there are earlier shots of the real thing carrying its real marks.

According to the text with the images the police helicopter is undertaking a vehicle chase and suffers an engine failure and crashes in a ball of flame on a fuel station and lots of cars killing the requisite number of spent stars and of course the police crew.

All very public spirited in the wake of the Cardiff rooftop 'thing' when SAEW ended up in a house after a t/r failure.

I raised the following questions with each of the users of G-OTSP [assumed to be Essex, Cambridge, Suffolk and Chiltern], Liverpool and the Chairman of the ACPO police aviation committee - last week.

Were they not a little disquietened that a REAL police aircraft from a police contractor was being used in the sequence in the first place, that a twin was crashing after losing [just] one engine and that there was no actual need to have a police aircraft involved in the first place if they wanted to terminate the contracts? Any heli would have done.

To date not one has replied with even an acknowledgement.

:mad:

JohnCarr
23rd Oct 2002, 17:28
The maker of Brookside actually requested that the Merseyside Helicopter 'appear' in the episode under discussion. We politely declined!!! Whatever we may think about the content of this programme, and, however we may protest, we can not control the script, which was, by all accounts, already 'cast in stone' at time of the invitation. When all said and done this is a free country, and hopefully the viewers will know the difference between fact and fiction. That said we are now just sitting and awaiting the fallout (no pund intended) from the residents of Liverpool after the screening. What is also unfortunate is the time of year, we are already considered a legitmate target for all the kids with their Bonfire Night rockets. (Bonfire Night is the UK celebration of Guy Fawkes' gunpower plot to blow up the Houses of Parliment a few centuries ago):(

PANews
23rd Oct 2002, 18:52
Thank you for that posting John. I am duly cooled!

I am still scanning the TV Times in order that I can see the final product when it is screened - in order to ensure that I can assess it as a whole.

If you should get a drift of the date I would be obliged if you could post it.

Richard Cooke
8th Nov 2002, 17:18
I believe this should be happening in tonight's (FRI 08/11/02) episode/s if anyone has missed the last few night's instalments!
:)

md 600 driver
9th Nov 2002, 08:07
i looked in the weekend magazazine it is showing on c4 on the 14 nov thurs

richard there is no brookside on fri in yorkshire it must have regional differences we might even be around

any brookside viewers dare to reply and come out of the cupboard

HOGE
9th Nov 2002, 09:01
http://www.btinternet.com/~brookside.soapbox/

shows the episode details for thursday14th

PANews
9th Nov 2002, 15:20
Well, they always say you learn something every day... I never thought I would be visiting any site on a soap like Brookside!

For what its worth after undertaking a straw poll on the subject I found that police air support in general do not care greatly about the event [even though it uses an actual police aircraft G-OTSP] but it may be interesting to observe the accuracy of the 'Merseywood' teatment - if I find time - and see if there is any fallout.

I take it that the cast will not be beamed up into a spaceship for a later return episode! :)

Big G.
11th Nov 2002, 22:09
If anybody has ever had the misfortune to have to use G-OTSP in it's Police role then they will agree with me that crashing it on a petrol station gets my vote!

MightyGem
12th Nov 2002, 07:34
Now, now Big G, I'm sure that you appreciated its use at the time.

Big G.
13th Nov 2002, 21:33
MG.

I suppose your right, it does have it's uses. Be a shame to see the old girl take a tumble. Was only gracing the skies with her last week.

You could tell she had been to Scouse land, cause when we got to her the hub caps had been nicked, and she was on bricks!!

Regards.
Big G.

MightyGem
14th Nov 2002, 22:03
Just in case anyone is worried, Merseyside Air Support is alive and well after tonights Brooky!!:eek: :D

Letsby Avenue
16th Nov 2002, 21:05
It wasn't called 'Tosspot' for nothing........

Holdposition
17th Nov 2002, 16:53
Big G

What you mean they left the bricks, bloody hell must be slipping up there hey:)

Big G.
20th Nov 2002, 20:48
HOLD P.

I thought the same thing. Mind you, when we looked inside we found a couple of shell suits and a permed wig!!

Regards.
Big G.

NigD2
21st Nov 2002, 10:11
Oh no

I've missed what happened after the crash!!!
Who got wiped out? How many scousers tried to pinch the radios?

Any news? I wait with baited breath

Yours

Sad bastard