PDA

View Full Version : Ulrikakaka!

ducksoup
22nd Oct 2002, 12:55
Whoever the swine was, I would like to meet him! :mad: :mad:

Wibble Hatstand
22nd Oct 2002, 17:08
Any guesses as to who it is that (allegedly) did the deed? Apparently it is an 'open secret' in celebrity circles (whatever they are).

Best guess at the moment seems to be a Mr XX of ex Xxxx Xxxxx fame at 11/7 favorite, allegedly.

Place your bets here....

Winner gets a years supply of Swedish meatballs, tickets to all the England games whilst Sven is manager and a 'Tracy Island' model made out of old toilet rolls and paper cups from the water machine. ;)

content edited for lawyers - however this is Jet Blast!

Kalium Chloride
22nd Oct 2002, 17:37
Can we be a little cautious here? Suggesting on an open forum that someone is a probable rapist is about as close to textbook libel as you can get.

Although the object of your suspicions might not be signed up to PPRuNe, information travels incredibly fast. It wouldn't take a genius to track this thread down.

While I wouldn't wish this kind of ghastly assault on any woman, I equally wouldn't want any man stuck with such a vile label.

Since we're on the subject, I have to say that I personally can't stand the sight of UJ. I'm sick to death of hearing about her personal life, and if she p*ssed off back to Sweden I'd wouldn't miss her one bit.

Bengt Engel
22nd Oct 2002, 22:47
that's some hard words for a man(?) stuck in the US with all the very(?) nice women over there....

just trying to get some comotion goin'....or whatever...

ducksoup
22nd Oct 2002, 23:12
Dammit, missed your message before you got edited Wibble. The truth will out!!

Perhaps, KC, you wouldn't be missed either if you followed your own advice.

Feneris
22nd Oct 2002, 23:18
Have any other avid Daily Mail readers noticed how the Ulrika rape story has twice been on the same page as the outrageous stories about another TV personalities sexual life, prostitutes, threesomes etc.

Maybe they are quietly insinuating something!

F

WeatherJinx
23rd Oct 2002, 08:37
Attractive yet talentless celeb chooses book launch, tabloid part-serialisation and popular chat show to reveal 14-year old alleged rape incident? Hmmmm.....

WxJx

Mishandled
23rd Oct 2002, 09:11
WeatherJinx! youre not suggesting that she has revealed this tragedy in order to garner more publicity for her book are you! Shame on you!:D

(edited for rotten typing)

WeatherJinx
23rd Oct 2002, 10:54
Mishandled

I have no idea how you could possibly infer that from my comments :D

Jx

btmtdi
23rd Oct 2002, 13:26
Wibble - can we have a go at guessing the letters you have Xed out, like on Wheel Of Fortune ?

Hersham Boy
23rd Oct 2002, 13:55
Channel 5 brekky show presenter Matthew Wright 'blurted it out' in a prog this morning... I suppose I shouldn't risk a banning by printing it or posting links... but I hear that the Evening Standard has gone public and printed it. there are a few web sites that have risked their necks as well...

Hersh

btmtdi
23rd Oct 2002, 14:00
yup they certainly have - the thisislondon.co.uk website is carrying the story

Lan Ding Gere
23rd Oct 2002, 15:31
Sorry to be a complete @rse guys.

I have been missing for the past few days . Can someone fill me in please as to what this thread is all about. I have a hint, reading the thread title, but from that point on am completely lost (As I have been over the past couple of days) :confused:

LDG

wub
23rd Oct 2002, 15:39
The revelation adds a whole new dimension to the expression "here's one I made earlier!

Konkordski
23rd Oct 2002, 15:50
Private Eye has been following an interesting line of inquiry.

It claims that the Daily Express originally won the right to serialise the UJ book. Consequently, the Daily Mail set out to counter the Express serial by running its own "UJ gossip" stories, detailing any murky stuff in the past.

However, the Express faffed around so much that the Mail managed to land the rights to the UJ book after all -- and is therefore able to print not only the serialisation, but whatever crud it has managed to dig up in the process of its intended spoiler mission.

Landing_24R
23rd Oct 2002, 16:01
Lan Ding Gere

The gist is that a few days ago, Ulrika brought out a book in which she claimed she was date raped by a famous TV presenter years ago. The nation was left to speculate as to which one, as Ulrika refused to say, saying she should have done it years ago when it actually happened. The presenter who Matthew Wright named is rumoured to be involved.

Cheers,
Landing_24R

Konkordski
23rd Oct 2002, 16:04
Channel 5 News is carrying the following passage in the story on its website:

"Earlier today the presenter, who has already been identified on the Internet in connection with the Ulrika Jonsson allegations, was inadvertently named during a live TV show."

I notice that it didn't point out that it was a Channel 5 show that made the cock-up :D

btmtdi
23rd Oct 2002, 16:29
"The man, named accidentally by Channel 5 and deliberately by the London Evening Standard, is said to be considering suing the paper and the TV station for libel."

So caution should still be given to mentioning the identity of this smarm-bucket as we don't want to get Danny into trouble do we !

solotk
23rd Oct 2002, 16:51
Damn,

I was hoping it was another talentless waste of skin TV presenter...

Oh well......:D

Bengt Engel
23rd Oct 2002, 16:59
no wonder he got the hots for a swedish gal, your gal's are not the most pretty on earth...

A joke guys....:D

28thJuly2001
23rd Oct 2002, 17:43
"The man, named accidentally by Channel 5 and deliberately by the London Evening Standard, is said to be considering suing the paper and the TV station for libel."

CONSIDERING.........:D :D
Let me see, I am a well known tv 'personality' lets call him John (common name, nuffing intended) and if it was WRONGLY suggested that I "raped" Ulrikakakaka I wouldn't CONSIDER anything, it would be straight down the high street solicitors and a £Millilion pay out please.
Or would a high court legal battle reveal the truth (in 'Johns' favour of course).
28th

djk
23rd Oct 2002, 17:46
not sure exactly why he's suing the London Standard, all they were doing was reporting the story, not saying he was actually guilty of it, they've just quoted what was said on the Wright Show

BahrainLad
23rd Oct 2002, 17:47
Did she get a badge!?

28thJuly2001
23rd Oct 2002, 17:54
....you don't get a badge unless you come on the programme.:D

28th....

dfearns
23rd Oct 2002, 20:57
If you want more info go to:

http://thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/1730067

I say no more!

ducksoup
23rd Oct 2002, 21:05
Thanks guys, that's enough for me. I'm off to spon him. Cheers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wedge
24th Oct 2002, 01:49
Since the thread on Ulrika has been closed, I wanted to point out that the Evening Standard have taken a very big but calculated risk in naming the individual involved even though they were repeating the name inadvertantly mentioned by Matthew Wright earlier in the day. As someone pointed out on the libel thread, the English libel laws do not exonerate others from repeating what has already been said by somebody else if it is slanderous or libellous.

However, we all know who is at the centre of these allegations now and if you do not, click here (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/1730067)

There are two other female celebrities who have made allegations against this TV presenter, and I know who they are but should probably not repeat their names here!

takenthe5thamendment
24th Oct 2002, 02:03
Ohhhhhh My,

Well, I didn't 'know' until now, who was actually being accused.

If 'she' hasn't named 'him' and 'she' and the other women haven't reported it to the police.................what the heck is going on here?

It's all a bit beyond me.:confused:

Is there anyone out there 'she' hasn't done it with?

X-QUORK
24th Oct 2002, 12:07
Thank God !! For a moment there I thought another of my childhood heroes was going to be outed as a sexual deviant - but no, John Noakes is safe from harm. Shame about Gary Glitter, and some of the other questionable seventies celebrities....no names no pack drills.;)

You have to praise Ulrika for her unashamed use of the media goons to promote her new book, good effort I say. Just don't complain when it all comes tumbling down.

Grim Reaper 14
24th Oct 2002, 15:31
Could I perhaps be a little contentious here, and suggest that whether or not there was/is any truth in the rape 'story', is Miss Kaka not setting a very bad example to all raped and abused women by admitting that she (allegedly) was raped, but did nothing about it.

btmtdi
24th Oct 2002, 15:49
Yes Ulrika is setting a very bad example but let us look at the facts...

A - she would probably never have had a career in showbiz if she had made the complaint.

B - 7.5% of reported date-rapes result in convictions, and many women say that the trauma of the legal process forces them to relive the rape repeatedly - given that she admits she kissed him consensually the chances of a conviction would be even less.

There is a piece in the Guardian about this and I think it is pretty damn realistic Ulrika has the last word (http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,817271,00.html)

Grim Reaper 14
24th Oct 2002, 16:02
A good point, well made. I stand corrected.

btmtdi
24th Oct 2002, 16:12
Now all it needs is for one of the other female celebs who have suffered this mans unwanted attentions to come forward and I think his career, and any chance of a successful libel action, is totally over.

Though why they should name him when Ulrika hasn't is a question that it is hard to answer - they should have stood up BEFORE he was named - one wonders if there may be some hefty payments made by the tabloids to feature these women on the front of the Sundays this weekend.

Jet II
24th Oct 2002, 16:36
Let me get this straight - we have got a guy accused of several rapes (more women coming out about this all the time) and he is apparently a major serial rapist.

Now I would expect these women to be on Crimewatch trying to bring him to justice, but no, they go straight to a PR consultant and sell their stories to the papers.

Seems to me that there is more than a whiff of hype and spin involved in this, seems sales of books and newsprint is more important than the law.

btmtdi
24th Oct 2002, 16:42
Not sure that all (or even most) of these unidentified women are accusing him of rape as such - certainly from some of the papers I read (over other peoples shoulders on the way to work) some of them are saying that he was violent towards them during consensual sexual activity, or that he forced himself upon them but stopped short of rape as defined in English Law.

Ultimately I think the thing here is that some of these women are only just beginning to realise the truth about what has gone on, and things that they may previously put down as a drunken mistake by Mr X, or limited just to them, were part of a much wider pattern.

And if they see the opportunity to make some money out of an unpleasant experience and kill the man's career (which will hurt him just as much as a gaol term without the unpleasantness of cross-examinations in court for them) well i for one won't be condemning them - if it is all lies then he can have his day in court and clear his name.

FlyingForFun
24th Oct 2002, 16:47
At least one of this morning's papers accused him of *shock horror* giving a girl his phone number, and then, on the same night, taking another girl's phone number :eek:

I suspect all is not what it seems. If the evidence proves that he really is a serial rapist, then he deserves whatever he gets, whether it be a ruined career, a jail sentence or both. But I don't think we have all the evidence yet, not by a long way...

FFF
---------------

btmtdi
24th Oct 2002, 17:05
well as far as I am aware there are three other notable female celebs (of a similar fame level) who have, in private circles, made accusations of sexual assault or rape against Mr X - revealing these matters could certainly have an impact on their future careers as well so it is no wonder that they have an eye for the spin that may be made if they come forward - particularly where it may impact partners or children.

Jet II
24th Oct 2002, 17:13
I hope that all these new 'celebs' are a bit more famous than what we have now - I had never heard of the guy who is accused and as for Ulrika, her main claim to fame is that she was once slapped around by Stan Collymore.

28thJuly2001
24th Oct 2002, 17:49
Anyone else bored with this money grabbing, attention seeking slapper?

Duh!!! "I'm gonna write a book and accuse a 'personality' of date-rape which happened 14 years ago, I am not gonna name him cos that would be boring, then I'm gonna get a guessing game going which would keep me in the papers for another week, I am then gonna make my first statement at my book launch"
HELLLLLLOOOOOO...........or am I too cynical.
Can't wait for the headlines in this weeks Sunday's tabloids,
'Swedish Sweerhearts Night OF Terror With TV's Mr Nice(alledgedly)'

Bored already, next gossip please.

28th..