PDA

View Full Version : Mobil Class Action

Tasfast
22nd Oct 2002, 07:45
A Settlement scheme for claims against Mobil has been approved by the courts.

Under the scheme group members must notify the court by the 8th November 2002 of their intentions to either make a claim under the scheme or opt out.

IMPORTANT - You have to let them know if you are in or out or you will lose all rights to claim

For further info contact Slater & Gordon 1800 555 777

Torres
22nd Oct 2002, 08:19
What's S&G's slice worth?

ulm
22nd Oct 2002, 09:52
Probably 40%, that's a usual ambulance chaser fee.

I settled with Mobil, a good deal for me but not for most. This is a pretty good deal for GA it seems and from what I understand the work of a particular AOPA Board member, Chris McKeown.

Good onya Chris. :)

snarek
23rd Oct 2002, 06:55
This is from Chris Mckeown, AOPA VP

AK :)

MOBIL CLASS ACTION CLAIMANTS

Mobil Avgas claimants - IMPORTANT NOTICE

YOU MUST REGISTER THAT YOU ARE A CLAIMANT IN THE SCHEME

YOU MUST REGISTER BY 8 NOVEMBER 2002 – if you wish to bring your own proceedings, you MUST OPT OUT by this date – to opt out you must return an OPT OUT Form which you request from Slater & Gordon.

Call Slater & Gordon on 1300366425 and request a Registration Form be sent to you immediately. If you do not register that you are a claimant, you will miss out on bringing a claim under this scheme. Further details of the scheme will be available shortly.

Once registered, you must provide details of your claim to Mobil by 20 December 2002.

To register as a claimant is crucial – you MUST get a Registration Form and register before close of business on 8 November 2002. Send the Registration Form back to Slater & Gordon immediately. Your solicitor can register with Slater & Gordon on your behalf. It costs nothing to register – so register as a claimant and detail your claim later (but before 20 December 2002). If you are an aircraft owner, pilot or operator of an aircraft you can make a claim for losses associated with down time, parts, LAME expenses, replacement aircraft etc and interest. But you MUST register by 8 November 2002. Call Slater & Gordon NOW 1300366425.

Chris McKeown
Vice President
AOPA

Ultralights
23rd Oct 2002, 11:10
ever wonder what happened to all that Avgas? hmmm thats right, it was SOLD!

way back then, strange how 2 of my fathers trucks broke down after running Avgas instead of Unleaded.