PDA

View Full Version : SAA Interviews

Whitebug-speed
21st Oct 2002, 19:13
Hi guys...

Heard SAA are interviewing again, a course starts on 1 November, does anyone know when the next course starts ?
:rolleyes:

saywhat
25th Oct 2002, 10:55
You know more than SAA does. Perhaps you should let THEM know what's happening. If you are looking to get in, best of luck to you, it is a great place to work, but it is a pain in the butt to get in.
The new intake is for previously dissadvantaged (I believe), so we can expect to see some more captains sons and daughters. Later, perhaps, some other people who were spoiled in their previous lives by having no contact with flying or SAA might be able to join. We live in hope.

skyvan
25th Oct 2002, 20:41
Saywhat, from your profile, you already fly a passenger jet, why on earth do you want to fly for SAA if they are so dozy?

As for the next set of intakes, there may be the son or daughter of a Captain, maybe they just happen to meet the criteria of the selection panel better, or the panel decide that the offspring take after their father, so is a known quantity. Many pilot's children are trained by instructors who are airline pilots (friends of the fathers) and many fathers take a direct interest in their child's training, so the standard, and style of training will have had an airline slant. These things all count at selection, as well as a positive attitude (i.e. feel that SAA is a great company to work for, and therefore does not trash it at every available opportunity).

The next two intakes are planned for December and January, although there is talk about a possible postponement of the December one until the first A340 is on line, and operating well.

P.S."Later, perhaps, some other people who were spoiled in their previous lives by having no contact with flying or SAA might be able to join. " Methinks that people with no contact with flying might not make good pilots :rolleyes: And SAA would rather employ people who know about SAA from reputable sources, than around the pub.
Yes, I do work for SAA, I may not be able to defend all that they do, but that is not my job!!

jon doe
26th Oct 2002, 12:13
What does it matter who SAA take. Some people are without work like me so all it means is that when SAA take people it opens more vacancies in other companies for other pilots to get to the top eventually.

Good luck for the guys and girl that got in.;)

Skaz
26th Oct 2002, 13:03
Gidday guys,
more info please, who do we phone ? Where do we go, or just to the website?