PDA

View Full Version : bmi A330 config

Curious Pax
21st Oct 2002, 10:45
Off to Florida via Washington on bmi in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the config of bmi's A330s in economy so I can work out where to ask to be seated (as there seems to be no advance seat reservations in the cheap seats)? Thought they might put it on their website, but doesn't seem to be there.

The_Banking_Scot
23rd Oct 2002, 18:19
Hi,

It will be 2-4-2 ( 8 abreast) in economy and the new economy

Regards

TBS

Land After
24th Oct 2002, 09:24
I've flown both BA and Virgin premium cabins and both are a nice (if not J!) upgrade from cattle. I just can't see myself booking a seat in the bmi cabin if the seat width is the same. To me, one of the advantages of the premium economy cabins is to be able not to rub shoulders with your travelling companions and avoid the fight over the armrest! BA and VS alllow a little more space all around - not just legroom.

Have bmi missed a trick here and would you buy it? And why can't I use my bmi miles to get a seat in J??

malanda
25th Oct 2002, 12:46
Land After:

You are correct - people don't seem to be paying for New Economy. I've used the service 5 times, and each time NE was nearly empty - and most of those that were there seem to be upgrades. (There is an unofficial policy of upgrading Gold card holders). Meanwhile, economy is always packed.

I didn't find seat width in NE a problem, but the recline was very poor. I wouldn't pay the extra for NE.

Why can't you get award flights in J? I don't know, but sometimes Gold upgrade vouchers work. :)