PDA

View Full Version : QF v DJ rostering

farcup77
21st Oct 2002, 04:06
We all know that the folks at Virgin are paid significantly less than their Qantas domestic friends,but how would an average roster compare between the two (i.e stick hours,duty,sectors,overnights)?

I am aware that the DJ guys are worked fairly hard,but are the QF domestic drivers working just as hard?

I realise this may open a can a worms amongst the 'anti virgin' knobs,so save your breath guys,just after a constructive comparison,not out to stir the pot.

CHEERS :D

Keg
21st Oct 2002, 05:39
Spoke to a mate of mine recently (737 driver) who is regularly hard against the CAO limits. Overnights vary depending on your seniorority for that month from 0-3 when senior (if that is what you are bidding for) and about 10-15 when you are junior. Again, that will still get you up against the limits.

767 drivers are a slightly different kettle of fish. Slightly less stick but that is due to the less efficiency in the flying. Takes more days to do those hours too so more overnights etc. Most junior 767 pilots fly rosters that are almost purely domestic and can do 60-80 sectors in an eight week roster. Overnights generally average about 22-30 nights away in the 56; again, depending on seniorority.

Hope that helps. With luck, a QF 737 driver will happen along to firm up those figures. Until then, take 'em with a grain of salt.

2XL
21st Oct 2002, 05:54
Then the question needs to be asked how the cash compares between the QF & DJ 737 FO or Cpt ?

Truckmasters
21st Oct 2002, 22:36
it doesn't, but then you only need to read the EBA's to work this out.
Now of course we will have opened the arguement as to whether one is overpaid or underpaid. :rolleyes:

2XL
22nd Oct 2002, 06:23
Truckmaster I don't think any need for a "who deserves what" type discussion simply curious what the real numbers were.

Mind you I see DJ's cash going up and QF's coming down. Simply base that comment on the European scene of low-cost vs flag carrier. Curious times ahead.