PDA

View Full Version : Chopper jobs / training / National Guard

Skaz
21st Oct 2002, 00:35
HI all,
I am looking for infe re chopper training in the states. Which models are the most widely used for law enforcement, EMS , news companies, etc etc....

then for those types, where is the best and cheapest training available, FSI ? other companies

Also, does anyone know what the situation is re getting into the Air National Guard as a pilot? All the websites have a lot of info on everything else, but getting info specifically for pilot training, recruitment and the requirements etc is very difficult

Thanks
:rolleyes:

Tex
22nd Oct 2002, 20:49
Skaz,

Give me some info to work with. I need to know your age, ratings, etc to give any good info. I especially know about the Army National Guard and EMS jobs.

Skaz
23rd Oct 2002, 16:16
Hiya Tex

I have sent you a private message with my email, in case you miss it here it is again :

[email protected]

please email me so I can give you more info

Thanks
Skaz:cool:

FWA NATCA
23rd Oct 2002, 16:33
Skaz,

Helocopter training is extremely expensive, so you will find that most if not all helocopter pilots were origionally trained by the military.

To get information on how to become a ANG helocopter pilot I would strongly suggest talking to a recruiter, they have all the information and requirements that it takes to become a guard pilot. Other than the Army, no other branch of the military has enlisted pilots (warrant officers).

Mike

Skaz
27th Oct 2002, 20:16
Hi
thanks a lot mate, I'll definately do that when I get to the States in December.
Cheers

EnglishmaninNY
7th Nov 2002, 21:35
Hi Skaz

I have been in the USA for about a year, and have interviewed with the Airforce and the Air National Guard. You will definetely get more flight time with the Guard and they're a good outfit. I can fill you in on what you'll need to complete / have handy, when you put your 'package' forward before the board. Send me an email, and I'll try and give you some good info.

Cheers

EinNY

P.S. I take it you're a US citizen? ;)