PDA

View Full Version : Jump Seat Emergency!

LatviaCalling
27th Jul 2001, 00:07
We've had a lot of comments in the past on who can fly jump seat and who can not -- which airlines allow it and which don't.

If you are one of the airlines that do allow it, what would you do if you had allowed a jump seat PAX on to the flight deck and suddenly you would have a real serious emergency -- engines out, severe decrompression, rapid loss of altitude, etc., etc.

While all this is going on would you send the poor sod back to the cattle class where he/she might get injured by all the goings on, or keep them three-pointed strapped in the jump seat.

When you land safely, let's assume, this ding bat is still in your cockpit. What do you do with him? Send him back to where he came? Keep him and write a report? Or, what if the plane is evacuated and he's still with you?

Some questions to ponder.

akerosid
27th Jul 2001, 00:25
Well, as one of the "dingbats", I'd actually rather be strapped in for the duration - can't say I'd really like to be sent running through the cabin during rapid descent, decompression, etc.

It could be a joint effort; someone give me a laptop and I can write the report for you during the descent!