PDA

View Full Version : Where to kickoff

Lobos
20th Oct 2002, 10:06
Hi all,

I'm just about to embark on a carribean tour looking for employment, should be there around the end of november.

I have around 1400 hours and 250 multi, just curious of the cheapest way to fly in (Via USA) from miami I suppose?

Which would be the best islands to start out on, as I only have an Aussie licence? And also where would be the best place for me to chill and get a bar job or something till some flying comes up?

Any more news on Berlize would be muchly appreciated....

Hope to hear from someone soon

Herc Jerk
24th Oct 2002, 19:02
Lobos check your "private message" things

route depends where in oz you are
SYD-LAX-MIA--->
or
PER-JNB-MIA (i think, might be atlanta)--->

HJ

and check with LIAT as they used to offer and multiple stop ticket around the islands...

Lobos
25th Oct 2002, 00:11
Cheers HJ,

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone tell me what time of the year most comapnys put drivers on for the season?

Herc Jerk
25th Oct 2002, 20:20
the season is the northern hemisphere's winter- eg starting now

mkeelan
25th Oct 2002, 21:53
i'm planning on a caribbean tour around the same time as you. this is generally the time when they do their hiring down there as the busy season starts in december.

from my research i have found that it's cheapest to fly to either St. Maarten or Montego Bay from Miami (about $500CAD return, which i belive is almost on par with the auz dollar). from either of those places it is easy to get around the caribbean, and some companies will give pilots the jumpseat if you ask real nice. air jamaica starts service to belize on nov. 21st from montego bay which is good cause before you had to go back to miami to get to belize. as far as jobs go in belize - tropic air isn't hiring this season, and i don't know what going on with Maya Island Air as i have been out of the country for 2 months now.

hope this helps. seeya down there!

Lobos
29th Oct 2002, 04:38
cheers mate,
looks like I'll catch you down there!
Should be in miami around the 20th or so then heading on down south for a bit of adventuring. Hope to catch up with you at some stage.

good luck and blue skies

Lobos

Lobos
4th Nov 2002, 08:06
Can anyone reccomend Islands to hang out on and wait for some work to come up? ie cheap and friendly. Some where in the eastern ciribbean.

Cheers Lobos