PDA

View Full Version : Flight Numbers??

JuLYeT
19th Oct 2002, 10:26
Hello,
Anybody tell me why flt numbers are odd when going west and even to east. I searched nearly whole JAA and ICAO annexes and could not find. If you know any document about this, can you pls tell me the reference or the book name.

I only need document name or written source about this not a point of view nor personal opinion.

Thanks n regards

KYGMSY
19th Oct 2002, 11:13
As far as I'm aware it's only the flight levels not flight numbers that are odd for east, even for west on the semicircular rule.

JuLYeT
19th Oct 2002, 11:51
It's ur opinion unfortunately.. What about 'Before RVSM' ?

I need document or reference.. Thnx

the flying scot
19th Oct 2002, 16:49
Might find you're wrong JuLYet.
In general flights going East are at odd FL, and west at evens. Always some exceptions.
The reason you can't find any documents for your flight numbers is because they don't exist.
i.e BA001 LHR-JFK (going west)
BA025 LHR-HKG (going east)

There are plenty more like this !!!!!!!!!1

JuLYeT
20th Oct 2002, 17:30
Generally west odd and east even. Exceptional cases east odd and sometimes west even.. I am asking about the general, why generally west odd and east even?? ofcourse i can use 123A to west and 123B to east. many many more examples.. This is not the problem. What i'm asking is any written procedure for determining Flt numbers?

thnx

HORACE ONTALL
20th Oct 2002, 18:16
Blimey this is hard work!:(

Buggs Bunny
20th Oct 2002, 21:22
Does it really matter?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hope you don't lose any sleep over this!

Ballymoss
21st Oct 2002, 05:04
JuLYeT,

Accept what the flying scot says....He's right after all.
:rolleyes:

Perhaps you could enlighten us all as to why it's so important to
you..:D :D

mutt
21st Oct 2002, 07:00
JuLYeT

You probably cant find the regulation because it doesnt exist! We can use whatever flight number we desire for flights heading in any direction! We even have specific flight numbers for specific aircraft regardless of the destination!

Flight Levels are a completely different subject.

Mutt.

JuLYeT
22nd Oct 2002, 10:54
sleeping very well collegues.. dont worry 4 me..

Maybe u're right mutt, maybe no regulations but FLiGHT LEVELS are COMPLETELY DiFFeRent SUBJECT..!

Anyway i' ll keep on searchin, if u find sth. pls write here, I'll also be checking the page..

NiceDAY all..

opsbod
23rd Oct 2002, 22:54
With regards to Flight Numbers and th CAA's advise you need to refer to AIC Pink 107/2000 on Callsign Confusion.

Will e-mail you a copy.

fadec_primary_channel
24th Oct 2002, 17:45
Apologies guys for adding to the replies, but at my company one of the main reasons for certain callsigns are due to call sign confusion avoidance. Our guys in flight planning analyse all other known flights to operate on the same sectors as the flight in question including those during climb and descent. Then they pick a callsign which tries to follow the guidelines mentioned in the AIC mentioned above. Resulting in a few wierd ones.

I have never seen any document to answer the question asked, sorry.:)