PDA

View Full Version : Airbus & Royal Brunei

GOH
19th Oct 2002, 09:55
Hi

I have just downloaded the airbus Orders and it says that Royal Brunei have orders for 2 A319's!

Is this true because it does say that the airline is Middle Eastern although it isnt?

Also I know the sultan has an A340, will it be passed down to Royal Brunei after he has finnished with it?

Ta :D

GOH

SE7EN
19th Oct 2002, 10:06
Wouldn't take too much notice. Brunei also ordered 16 BAE Hawks about two million years ago and the deal is still to be finalised!

slingsby
19th Oct 2002, 11:25
Yes, 2x A319 ordered for delivery by next August. No the A340 is too much of a financial dinosaur to be handed down, the cost of replacing the interior alone would be inhibitive to handover. More likely to purchase or rather lease more airbus perhaps the A330 which would make more sense. But then who knows, I only work for them and they tell us didly squat.

GOH
19th Oct 2002, 11:41
Thanks Slingsby!

Do you know when the orders were finalised?

Also have you been in the A340? If so what does it look like inside?

Thanks!:p

GOH

Bus429
19th Oct 2002, 16:04
If the A340 belonga HMSF, why is it painted in RBA's scheme?

Blacksheep
20th Oct 2002, 00:14
The delivery slots were sold to a Singapore based leasing company last week. RBA are still supposed to take delivery and operate them on a seven year lease. The 757 hulks are difficult to dispose of, but one is due to leave for Tonga on 16th of next month for a five year lease and their MD was here last week signing the papers. As to what happens to the aging B767s, who knows? We aren't allowed to paint them, fix up the tatty interiors or do anything else apart from mandatory work. Maybe there are some more Airbus lease deals in the offing. Join the staff in reading the Borneo Bulletin (http://www.brunet.bn/news/bb/front.htm) if you want to know whats happening.

Bus429 - Presumably he HMSF aircraft are in RBA colours for camoflage. :rolleyes:

Through difficulties to the cinema

Borneo Wild Man
20th Oct 2002, 07:52
A340.Goodie I can have a spa on the way to DXB.

Bus429
20th Oct 2002, 08:11
Blacksheep - same must apply to HMSF's 767-200, what?
It is a shame to note that little has changed but I wish you all luck in your efforts (I can't spell endeavours).

slingsby
20th Oct 2002, 08:13
A340 interiors on website www.sultansflight.com.

One reason (hearsay) on the royal fleet colour scheme was to disguise the fact the locals may want to know why their billions were spent on lavish aircraft. They are (the locals) supposed to think that the a/c belong to RBA, the only difference being the interiors and one royal crest decal on the fusalage next to the RBA logo. This info was from a local and not an expat rumour.

The A319 seems to be confirmed for August (according to a company trainer), when this turned firm I don't know.

As for the rest of the fleet, who knows. Engineering have their hands tied as to what they can do, a refurbishment plan planned for this year or next was (I am led to believe) cancelled due to financial constraints within the company. Maybe things will change next april when the company gets audited again to see if we get back in profit or at least squared away.

GOH
20th Oct 2002, 09:02
Hi

Slingsby,
I checked out the site! It didnt work but in the end i got it! Does the sultan still own all those aircraft?

Do you fly for the sultan?

Do you know who is Nick Gleis?

Those pics look really good! Wish they were on airliners.net! :(

Big Kahuna
21st Oct 2002, 02:13
The Royal Flight is still crewed by Lufthansa, as far as I am aware.

It is quite separte from RBA the airline.

The Royal flight currently have,

Boeing 747-400 (painted grey)
Airbus 340 (painted in RBA colours)
Boeing 767-200 (painted in RBA colours)
Gulfstream G5 (painted brown, last time I saw it)

There are reported to be another 3 or 4 A340's on the Brunei aircraft register, but these aircraft are not in Brunei.
There was also a A310 owned by Prince Jeffri. Which may or may not be still there in his hanger.

There was a green A340, parked at Frankfurt which did belong to the Sultan, but this was sold to a Arab, a good 2 and a half years ago.

Colonel Klink
26th Oct 2002, 19:48
I saw Prince Jefri's A310 at Luton a few weeks ago, still painted in his color scheme but re-registered. So, probably not still owned by him.:cool:

GOH
22nd Nov 2002, 00:29
Allo

I believe that the sultans MD80 is for sale! Thats if it is the sultans, i suppose it could be someone elses in Brunei?¿:D

C YA;)

Sharky Boy
22nd Nov 2002, 14:41
Dont think there is any MD80 in the Brunei fleet.

Mr Krueger
25th Nov 2002, 11:50
You wrote: The delivery slots were sold to a Singapore based leasing company last week.
Any info on crew requirements?