PDA

View Full Version : Best Kept Travel Secret

B Sousa
18th Oct 2002, 10:18
Just returned from SA after a couple months, the important things there never change, good group of folks and killer food/wine....
By the Way (Tassies is not high on my list except to cook with...Got that Cassie? ha ha)
Met a few new guys and most of the old who are getting older, got some quality time and see that the one thing is changing is "who gonna pay da bills in da future....eeeeeeah. guess who" Anything that has SA Govt on it is going up as there are only a select crowd that has to pay. Validation fees have gone through the roof (R60 up to R399) and Im certain it goes without saying they will probably go up again.... This is not only flying . Some folks never learn, you price it out of reach and nobody buys...
As for the things one needs to get buy, the poor there will suffer most....Could it be said they elected those folks so they get what they asked for? I dont think that was the intention, but it will be the result.
Anyway, back here in the states convincing some folks that travel and tourism in SA is alive and well ( also out of reach for most folks in whose county We visit)
For me, it was great and I certainly dont mind supporting the economy.....Did Castles Stock go up yet??