PDA

View Full Version : Children's flight log books.

EPIRB
18th Oct 2002, 05:39
Remember how some airlines used to give log books to kids? Occasionally they show up in the cockpit to be signed but they are usually quite old. Does anyone know if you can still get them?

bboy
18th Oct 2002, 09:50
How Cool !!

Never heard of that before, but I'm sure Kids would Love it.

I used to keep those smelly handwipes as a Dustbin Lid for a souvenir.

OzFlight.net
18th Oct 2002, 11:32
EPIRB,

Personally haven't seen/heard of the kids log book concept but yesterday saw a similar concept on Vigin Blue.

They have certificates for "Junior Pilots" for any kid who travels with them and it records their name and flight details. They are more than happy to have all of the cabin crew and flight crew sign it for you as well.

I was a little concerned however that the person receiving it was a 42 year old male passenger tho :D He was an aviation enthusiast from a very young age he said..

OzFlight

donpizmeov
18th Oct 2002, 16:14
EK have a kids log book. Records flights and distance travelled. Seem to be very popular.

Airspeed Ambassador
19th Oct 2002, 01:53
Yes,

I still have my "Junior Jet Club" logbook from British Airways. Pretty flash too, hardback with entries for date, a/c rego, route, flt time, statute miles and the Captain's signature.

My first entry shows

30th August 1976
B747 G-AWNP
Perth-London
31.05hrs:eek:
15300 snm

Best part of the trip was taking the logbook to the flight deck. Hopefully one day kids will be allowed back on the flight deck for visits. Certainly inspired my ambition to fly.:)

AA