View Full Version : Learning to fly in Ireland

rg_vr6
29th Apr 2001, 08:18
Hello People,
Is there anyone out there that can recommend a good flying school in Ireland. I know theres weston and ariel in Dublin, but are they any good??? Ive been hearing different stories!! Where is the best value for money??

dick badcock
29th Apr 2001, 12:31
Heard the one in Cork isn't so bad.

Captain-Ireland
30th Apr 2001, 03:07
I am training at Ulster Flying Club in newtonards out siden belfast. The instructors there are very good and they do say they will save u money..

Sprawler
30th Apr 2001, 11:48
I cannot recommend Aerial Advertising (National Flight Centre as they are now called) enough. I'm currently doing my PPL with them. The instructors are first class and I certainly can't complain about the aircraft: a fleet of C150's, a couple of C172's and a Duchess. If you are planning on flying at the weekends, you will need to book in about 2 weeks in advance, 3, if you want to fly with the same instructor. Also, the circuit can get very busy at the weekend, but this all helps build those vital flying skills. Give them a call on (01) 628-2930.

Unforunately the future of Weston Aerodrome is uncertain. There are rumours that it has been sold for residential property development. A very sad prospect for GA in Dublin. If this is true, I don't know what will happen to the schools based there.

You might want to have a look at http://www.irishaviation.net/forums/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

[This message has been edited by Sprawler (edited 30 April 2001).]