View Full Version : 10 Days to go !

YanYan
29th Apr 2001, 02:57
Hi everyone,
Within the next 10 days I am about to secure my future career (hopefully) by off loading a whole heap of cash to either Barton or MSF in Manchester.
Please, Please, Pretty Please respond if you have experience of either.
At the moment I am favouring MSF although I know it is more expensive.
Reading the Forums I know there are a few Barton Pilots with positive comments on their turf but what about MSF Pilots ?
Help!
I will be eternally grateful.

HomerSimpson
29th Apr 2001, 04:38
I would have to say MSF. However, never actually going to either does make me wonder why I posted this reply. I know 2 people that instruct there and both of them are great instructors. Spend your money at MSF you won't be dissapointed.

Homer

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

YanYan
29th Apr 2001, 18:12
Thanks,
I have talked to Barton and MSF and it is now 50/50 due to MSF`s limited flying time in the week.
Sorry to bring it back to the top but does anyone have any views ?

Rob 747
29th Apr 2001, 19:14
Barton!
It is smaller but not necassarily quieter. If you ever go to Barton on a summer day, just look at how many people are queing to take off or land.
The atmosphere is excellent and they have a good variety of planes.
I fly their and have done since March last year.
I like it but it doesn't offer the CPL ratings, so one day i will have to go somewhere else.
One bad thing about Barton is that if it Rains heavy then it is likely your flight will be cancelled due to the runway being water-logged.
TOP ONE

Flight Stimulator
29th Apr 2001, 19:26
I know nothing of either but I do know that the only information to stick in my mind as I consider my future is not to off load heaps of money on anyone in one go. Schools run on very fine bank balances...so I believe. Very best of luck see you in the cockpit one day.

YanYan
29th Apr 2001, 20:39
Oh Heck !
Still 50/50. I have decided on either of these schools as I work in the City centre and I can go there after work. Barton is on my way home and as I sit on the M602 in the usual jam I watch the planes aproaching and joining the circuit, but whilst MSF is further I feel flying at an International airport may have some future advantages.
I actualy live in central Lancashire and its the same distance to Manchester as it is to Blackpool, my Brother learnt at Westair Blackpool but as yet I have not considered them as I used to work at TVR for 6 years and I hate the thought of coming home and then setting off back to Blackpool.
Are there any Westair pilots out there who can make me change my mind ?
It was 8 years ago since my Brother was at Westair so he can no longer comment about 2001.
Both Barton and MSF say their former Airline wanabee`s are now with the big boys, this is hopeful but does anyone out their know them and if so where did they start ?
Further comments anyone ?

YanYan
5th May 2001, 02:58
Thanks everone,
Well I have gone along with HomerSimpson and chosen MSF.
See you all at Manchester one day !
YanYan

Rob 747
5th May 2001, 23:33
Crazy!!
Yes it is true that Barton pilots move on.
My Ex-FI is now a pilot with Emeralds.OK, its not BA, but i would give my left bollock to be doing that now.
Whats so good about the commercial airport environment. OK, its good on the ground, but it will also mean you have to wait to takeoff and in this game 'time is money'
When you eventually do Take off it is more than likely that you will leave manchesters airspace and do some training manouvers in class 'G' airspace. This is exactly the same as at Barton except it is dearer!.
Maybe i am being biased as i fly at Barton.
On the other hand i will have to goto Manchester to do my Night rating, so maybe i shouldnt slag them off.
OH!! I dont know!?!?!
This game is full of far too many hard decisions and each one costs far too much money.
Good Luck anyway
Maybe seeya around and maybe hour build??
You never know
ROB

YanYan
6th May 2001, 01:46
Hi Rob 747,
It was very 50/50. I watch the circuit at Barton everynight on my way home, maybe I`m watching you !
I just have a feeling about MSF and my future career.
This is why I`m paying for the landing fee`s etc.
I am pretty sure our paths will meet (hopefully not in the air) in the not to distant future.
Until then I wish you luck.
When are you thinking about doing your Night Rating ?
YanYan.