PDA

View Full Version : PJV contract

goilala mero
17th Oct 2002, 05:35
Who thinks they have got the PJV contract????????????????

JetRacer
17th Oct 2002, 07:29
WHAT is the PJV Contract more the point .....

OzExpat
17th Oct 2002, 11:05
Well, seems like it isn't JetRacer ! :p

MTOW-Maski
19th Oct 2002, 00:54
:rolleyes:

PJV stands for Porgera Joint Venture. PJV owns a mine at Porgera in the Western Highlands of PNG.

Hevi Lift have been providing aicraft for this contract for the last couple of years. They use a Brasilia, a Russian Helicopter, and I think one of their otters does work for PJV.

So anyway the contract is up for tenders, it was advertised in the Australian a while ago, and apparently they have had a lot of tenders put in.

Rumour has it that Airlink, with their soon to arrive SAAB's, have got the best chance. Airlink is owned now by Pacific Helicopters who have russian helicopters which could replace Hevi Lifts helicopter.

I can't see how this can be true because the SAAB is apparently a poor performer in hot and high conditions like Mt. Hagen. Also since it seems that MBA won't be getting a look in because they have only Slow Dash 8 - 100's. So how can PJV be considering a company with SAAB's????

All rumour of course, but hey, what would aviation be without rumours!!!!

herman
20th Oct 2002, 00:21
LMAO....airllink getting saabs...that rumour is so old it falls in the category of ancient mythology or urban myth hehe :p :p

Waghi Warrior
20th Oct 2002, 21:41
Airlink and SAAB's, so "BALD EAGLE ONE" is going to be upgraded to a SAAB again is it ! I thought there were 4 countracts up for grabs, A/ the 2 fixed wing A/C are on seperate contracts, B/ and there are 2 helo contracts. All 4 contracts may not go to the same operator I believe, it could be all split up. As far as the Dash 8's being too slow, well, that's a load of crap. APNG, would have to be in there with a fairly good chance at getting at least one of the fixed wing contracts, even if it was just the DHC-6 contract. I have also heard that Qantas have got there name in the ring as well.

Waghi Warrior
9th Dec 2002, 10:26
So who got the contract/s ? And what about the Chevron Twin Otter contract for Gobe ? MBA, Regional Air, Airlink, MAF, Ansett ?

:)

lurch
8th Mar 2003, 07:38
APNG/MBA

Details can be found on a leading PNG business directory website... do a search for it as i dont know if I can post details here...

Appears APNG have got all four above mentioned contracts

Dash8 and DHC6 with subcontractors Heli Niugini for rotary ops with Mil8 and B206

Addition of one Dash8 and the possibility of another...gotta open up some jobs somewhere...
So if you hear of a bush job let me know and Im there ! ;)

Cheers