PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Former/Current Mustering Pilots

Aussie FI 3A
17th Oct 2002, 05:20
Anyone out there worked for one of the big aerial mustering companies over the last few years? If so, can I please contact you regarding what a CP looks for (except hours) in a would be musterer. Im looking at heading up at the end of the season to start hitting up the bigger companies in hope that I might be considered more than someone who just sends in a lousy resumee and wait for a call. Any tips on how to present myself? Email me please with name / number and I'll call you.

Also what is the cheapest A/C to do a low flying apporval in (non tailwheel prefered).

DIVINE WIND
17th Oct 2002, 10:40
Hello there,

the season may start as early as febuary.Try W.A. for fixed wing mustering companies.Murchison is one. As for elsewhere try the big pastoral companies.AA,stanbroke,consolidated etc.
Mudgee might be a good place for low level ticket,not quite sure who the man is to speak to though.ring around.Think u can do it there in a 152.
Good luck;)

gidaym8
18th Oct 2002, 03:02
GDay Mate

Mudgee should be the place to try for your low level ticket. Don't worry about doing a mustering approval though.

Just be keen, keep on their case and listen to what they say.

This is usually the quite time and pilots move on to bigger and better jobs from mustering this time of year.

Check the Rural Trader as well and contact as many of the pastoral companies as you can.

All the best