PDA

View Full Version : Flying for Ryan or Easyjet

Saturn
17th Oct 2002, 04:20
I am wondering if either of these two companies will hire American's? I have been reading this site as well as others and from what I understand both airlines are growing leaps and bounds and need qualified crews. There are a lot of American Pilot's out of work and myself as well as others would come to Europe in a heartbeat. I understand that there are a lot of Europeans out of work as well but it seems these two compnaies are having difficulties finding crews. How will both handle the unbelievable growth? Thanks.

fireflybob
17th Oct 2002, 08:25
>How will both handle the unbelievable growth?<

Hopefully by employing all the European pilots who are currently unemployed, starting with me!!

Please, as a UK national, can I come and work for your airline in the USA?

Red Snake
17th Oct 2002, 09:11
I'm sure there's no reason at all why not. But you will still need a CAA / IAA / or JAA license and the right to work in the Eu.

Same as the US really;)

wilber burroughs
17th Oct 2002, 17:03
sure, you can come try and fly in europe but you better be fluent in the company home language...be it dutch, spanish or whatever. strangely but understandably, the language barrier is used in a protectionistic way..try KLM, for example. its common practise in europe irrespective of your native language english. in any case, there are many many many exp. pilots who spend their savings maintaining themselves current for the day wwe are all waiting for which is a call back to work. As you in usa, we have the first shot, wouldnt you agree ?