PDA

View Full Version : Should I be nervous about International Travel?

Time Bomb Ted
16th Oct 2002, 01:38
Mrs Ted and Myself were looking at having a holiday for a month in Canada via Japan and KLAX. After last weekends terror attack, Mrs Ted is nervous about any sort of International travel.

Should I be nervous as well?

18-Wheeler
16th Oct 2002, 03:11
You'll be more than fine.
After having driven on the roads of Japan & the US, I can honestly say that by far the most dangerous part of the trip is getting to/from the airport.
Enjoy.

criticalmass
19th Oct 2002, 11:02
Ted,

Take the trip, but be sure to be true to your name and take your own bomb! This is most important! The chances of there being two bombs on any one aircraft are so close to zero it makes no odds.:D

MoFo
20th Oct 2002, 00:34
Be prepared for the usual metal detector checks. Take everything metal off your person before going through the detector or you will get stood in a small corral for a personal check including taking off the shoes.
Some places may do a further random check at the lounge gate. Probably based on profiling. eg, your a "foreigner" so you probably will get the second check. Once again shoes off also. (Don't wear the socks with the holes in them.)
Staff are humorless but not rude. Don't make any smartass comments to draw further attention to yourself.
It should make you and the missus feel safe.

In summary. Go for it. You'll love it over there.

Towering Q
20th Oct 2002, 02:27
When in KLAX don't loiter around the El Al counter.;)

*Lancer*
20th Oct 2002, 03:53
Ted, Life's too short, see the world and have a ball!! :D

If you don't, then the 'bad guys' have already won!

Lancer

Lost_luggage34
20th Oct 2002, 04:38
There's more chance of something unpleasant happening to you crossing the road.

Go for it and don't worry.