View Full Version : BA Application question - salary

Turbsy
28th Apr 2001, 19:08
Lads,

Im just filling the application out bit by bit online for practice and was wondering what should I do about this question:

What is your current salary/salary expectations?

Im in my last year in secondary school - should I leave this blank or put in whatever a Co-pilot would earn initially if he got through BA's training? - not sure howm much one would get initially by the way.

Thanks,
All the best,
Turbsy

everybody
28th Apr 2001, 19:44
Recommend you put the truth - that applies to the whole thing. You might want to use some woolly wording regarding the salary you aspire to because it's "not your primary consideration".

BigTimeWannabe
29th Apr 2001, 15:30
Remember when you fill in that application for real you will either be a Uni student or unemployed. Therefore my advice is to leave it blank.

You did realise they won't let you apply till you have confirmed your A-level results didn't you?

BTW

Turbsy
29th Apr 2001, 15:33
Thanks for that. Im a student so I haven't got a salary yet so just wondering, what did everyone else do who is in the same position as I am. Did you put in a salary of a First or second officer?

Cheers,
David

Turbsy
29th Apr 2001, 15:38
Thanks for the advice BTW, I'll leave it blank so.

Yep, realise I have to wait till Aug before I can apply, its going to be one long wait, hope the sponsorship will still be going ahead by then.

All the best,
David

Perfect PFL
30th Apr 2001, 16:38
Is this a new question on the application forms then? I don't remember ever having to put salary (current or expected) last time I filled in the form?

I am about to fill the form in for my third attempt with BA, having been to the Final Board stage twice.

David - good luck with your application, and do try and get some flying in before you go for selection, as it will look good. Also have a back up plan for what you are going to do for the next year if you aren't sucessful. I did and went to uni, joined a UAS, and had a great three years, so don't discount this as a possibility. I'm now working hard for a living as a research scientist in the aerospace industry, and still applying for the sponsorships at the same time, so make sure you're always doing something useful with your time. With the UAS flying, and then doing the PPL I now have 135hours.

Feel free to email me if there's anything I can help you with.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
30th Apr 2001, 21:49
How about £250,000 per year, plus unlimited free travel, flying pay, private medical, pension of half your salary, 8 months of the year off and an agreement that you get a golden hand shake at a retirement age of 40 :).